Suspect email GMX

Solved

Hello

I received an email from GMX on my email address with them that I use often.

We are undergoing maintenance therefore all Gmx accounts must be updated, this is to reduce the number of dormant accounts. Accounts not updated in 24 hours will be suspended

Customers will have to Verify their email address to confirm

Kindly click on the attachment re-login and verify now! We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

CLICK HERE TO VERIFY NOW

Thank you.

Then the link to click leads here

https://gmxcommunication.mmm.page/

The email address that is sending me this is

bsodiqolamipo at icloud.com

2 answers

  1. I am following up to close this chapter.

    Indeed, the GMX team is very responsive and replied in the afternoon.

    And it is indeed a spam/phishing.

    I am pasting their response here.

    Hello,

    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

    We can confirm that this email was not sent by us. However, we appreciate you reporting it and recommend that you remain cautious when you find messages in your inbox that seem suspicious.

    Please do not respond to emails that seem suspicious. Additionally, do not click on hyperlinks in emails from people you do not know. Instead, type the email address or URL that you want to visit yourself, as there may be phishing sites behind the links in an email.

    We have already reported this case to our phishing department, which is working to find a solution.

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    Sincerely,

    Your GMX International Team

    1
    1. Moderator

      Impeccable!

      Thank you for the feedback - which confirms what we thought... and also GMX's responsiveness.

      Have a good evening.

      (it is possible to mark the topic as resolved)

      0
    2. @Xileh

      Thank you for the follow-up ;)

      Have a good evening

      0
  2. Moderator

    Hello,

    All the odds that it's a phishing email...

    Logically I would say => trash

    Nevertheless, GMX has a pretty responsive customer service, so you can directly from your account (and of course by no means using the address or link in the email) submit it to them... explaining the situation.


    My mission is to kill time and hers to kill me in turn.
    We are quite comfortable among assassins. (E.Cioran)

    2
    1. Hello

      Thank you for your quick response.

      Yes, before posting here I sent them a message here

      https://support.gmx.fr/contact-us/contact-us.html

      Not from my account because I can't find how to do it from the app

      It's about the same thing.

      Indeed, that email seems odd to me, but you never know.

      0
    2. Moderator
      @wallztreet

      Don't mention it for the speed ;-)

      Personally, I used this address to contact them

      => https://www.gmx.fr/entreprise/contact/

      (it's the one suggested in their help section on their site)

      As for the one you shared openly (it was blocked by the site's automation), it really tends to prove the scam; they have no reason to use an iCloud address!... )

      1
    3. @Xileh

      Yes, I made it clear as best as I could so that my case could help the community :)

      Yes, such a fanciful address seemed suspicious to me...

      Let's hope gmx replies to me and that my email address is not blocked...

      1
    4. Moderator
      @wallztreet

      Come back if you want to tell us what happens next... (but I would say scam 100%)

      0