USB refuses to be repaired.

Hello,
my dear friends

I have a faulty USB key, but when I try to repair it using the AOMEI PARTITION software, this message appears on my screen,
(Sorry, the ongoing operation has been canceled!
Error code: 6
Description: The partition table update failed because the table is locked by other programs. Please close other programs before trying again.

What does the code information mean? Please refer to: https://www.diskpart.com/fr/help/errorcode.html )

I don't understand what this message means, please explain it to me and thank you in advance.

Best regards,

5 answers

  1. Moderator
    You need to close a program that is accessing the key.
    0
    1. Thank you dear Fabul for your effort, but unfortunately I can't understand what you explained to me. I need a tutorial or a video.

      Sincerely,
      0
      1. Moderator
        1) Click on the "Start" button of your Windows.
        2) Type CMD directly on the keyboard:



        3) In this black window, click and type:
        chkdsk /f x:
        (X being the letter of your USB drive, for example E which gives: chkdsk /f E: )

        4) Respond Y (for Yes)
        0
    2. Moderator
      With the command prompt as administrator (CMD.exe), do a search

      Change x to the drive letter

      chkdsk /f x:

      Answer Y

      This should stop the processes that have access to the drive
      0
      1. thank you fabul,
        but how can I run chkdsk on the USB drive, I'm a beginner in this area
        0
        1. Moderator
          Hi,

          Try running a chkdsk on the drive (Respond Y to close the instances)
          0