Gstatic.com to remove

Solved
Hello,
I have the Gstatic.com adware that is causing me problems; I can't access the wifi at my coworking space, for example... it redirects to gstatic or msn...?
How can I get rid of it?
Thank you in advance.

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 92.0.4515.159

28 answers

  1. Moderator
    RE_

    After research, for me, Gstatic is definitely not a virus.

    It appears because there is a problem with the pro Wi-Fi connection and not the other way around.

    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fr&sl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.sophos.com%2Fsophos-xg-firewall%2Ff%2Fdiscussions%2F129792%2Fhttp-www-gstatic-com-generate_204-error-page-with-chrome-where-ie11-works%2F476916&prev=search&pto=aue

    https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-34076900-gstatic-com

    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fr&sl=auto&tl=fr&u=https%3A%2F%2Fsuperuser.com%2Fquestions%2F64716%2Fi-regularly-see-gstatic-com-in-the-status-bar-what-is-that-domain

    You can try this: https://www.commentcamarche.net/maison/box-connexion-internet/1743-flush-dns-vider-cache-dns/#sous-windows

    If it’s still the same, as mentioned in an earlier message, remove ublock and replace it with adblock plus

    Then let me know what happens, but I think you will need to turn to your co-working space Wi-Fi provider

    --
    Security contributor.
    0
    1. I no longer have that page; so no capture for the moment. It was a blank page with a URL containing gstatic if I remember correctly...
      I will have to reset Chrome: right now or after the FRST procedure?

      Finally, here is the requested capture
      https://up.security-x.fr/file.php?h=Rc81a558b9f5c6edf09eed80600baf4f9
      0
      1. Moderator
        RE_

        I have the wifi network access issue at my coworking space again and a gstatic page appears


        Can you take a screenshot of that page?

        Actually, I haven't reset Chrome


        Since nothing shows up in the FRST reports, it might be a good idea to do it

        0
        1. Hello, I actually didn't reset Chrome, and since yesterday, I'm having the issue again with accessing the wifi network in my coworking space and a gstatic page appears instead of the network access page.
          Should I resume the FRST procedure?
          0
          1. Hi,
            I'd like to back up my Chrome bookmarks for safety... I found the export and import options for my bookmarks, but I can't find the option to back them up...? Should I export them and then import them after the reset?
            Sorry for my ignorance about Chrome.
            Could you help me?
            Thanks and see you soon.
            0
            1. Moderator
              RE_

              Nothing in the reports, the PC is clean. If you still have doubts, you can reset Chrome (although I think it's unnecessary) with RESET BROWSER
              Be sure to read its operating system description carefully.

              --
              Security contributor.
              0
              1. Moderator
                RE_

                For me, gstatic is a "virus" of the "Adware/PUP/Browser Hijacker" category.
                It was me who went into Ublock.
                Look at the link below
                https://cfoc.org/gstatic-com-is-it-virus-remove-it/


                This kind of site "to scare and make you download malware like spyhunter" is rampant on the internet; they are absolutely not reliable.
                Read spyhunter-faux-blog-de-desinfection

                On the other hand, virustotal is reliable, and Gstatic.com gives this

                gstatic appeared when I wanted to open websites; it showed up with some sort of security alert for no reason... then I would end up on a blank gstatic page... If it's google, it's at least diverted...?
                I wasn't worried about it because I didn't know and it didn't prevent me from working; by insisting, I could always open my sites.
                I think it's a thing to steal my personal data, particularly financial data.


                Let's not kid ourselves, as long as it belongs to google, it’s definitely to extract information from you, like a tracker, but in no case to steal financial information.
                The role of Ublock and similar tools is precisely to block (in addition to ads) trackers and other tracking cookies, so it's normal that gstatic is blocked.
                uBlock₀ is an extension that blocks ads and trackers

                https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?hl=fr&ucbcb=1

                This kind of program (stealing passwords/banking) is perfectly detectable in a FRST report and in yours, nothing is suspicious in that direction.

                We will do a last scan to check your PC, so please redo the procedure from my first message and post the two new reports.

                --
                Security Contributor.
                0
                1. Hello,
                  For me, gstatic is a "virus" of the "Adware/PUP/Browser Hijacker" category.
                  I was the one who went into Ublock.
                  Look at the link below
                  https://cfoc.org/gstatic-com-is-it-virus-remove-it/
                  Before this non-connectable wifi issue (resolved thanks to you), gstatic appeared when I wanted to open websites, it showed up with some sort of security alert for no reason... then I would end up on a blank gstatic page... If it's from google, at the very least it's hijacked...?
                  I wasn't worried about it because I didn't know it and it didn't prevent me from working; by insisting, I was always able to open my sites.
                  I think it's something to retrieve my personal data, particularly financial ones.
                  Could you help me remove this from my PC?
                  Thanks in advance.
                  0
                  1. Moderator
                    RE_

                    For me, it's not a virus, it belongs to Google.

                    Do you have alerts or are you the one checking in Ublock?

                    Try replacing Ublock with AdBlockPlus to see if you have the same alerts.

                    0
                    1. Hello, I have to reopen my gstatic.com issue...
                      In fact, while opening sites today, I notice the presence of gstatic once again thanks to uBlock Origin... see the attached screenshot where I saw gstatic appear live...
                      https://up.security-x.fr/file.php?h=Rb34182b16094caff5e2d42fed032639b
                      PS: I no longer have issues connecting to Wi-Fi at my coworking site.

                      I need to remove this gstatic from my PC, my browsers...
                      Could you help me with that?
                      Thank you.
                      Philippe
                      0
                      1. Okay, it's done.
                        Thank you for your (valuable) help!
                        I will keep an eye out for gstatic, but I think it's good
                        Have a good rest of the day.
                        0
                        1. Moderator
                          RE_

                          OK, nothing exceptional, you can empty the quarantine of Malwarebytes:

                          Detection history --> Quarantined items --> Check all --> Delete

                          Then uninstall Malwarebytes.

                          If it's still the same, we only have to go to the network forum

                          --
                          Security contributor.
                          0
                          1. thank you. I'm taking care of MBAM
                            See you later
                            0
                            1. Moderator
                              RE_

                              Yes, the fixlog is OK. It seems there is still a network issue. I'm marking it as resolved here, please create a topic in the Network section

                              To automatically delete all files/folders created by FRST and the tool itself, rename FRST/FRST64.exe to uninstall.exe and run it.

                              The procedure requires a restart

                              -------------
                              --------------------------------

                              To check if there's anything left that could block the network, do this:

                              Run a Malwarebytes scan:

                              => Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
                              => Install the application --> Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the tool
                              => /!\ On Vista, Windows 7, and 8, you need to run the file by right-clicking ==>> Run as administrator
                              => update the software before the scan.
                              => Start the detection by clicking on Scan Now
                              => At the end of the scan, if any infections were found, click on Selected Items Quarantine
                              => The PC will restart
                              => After the restart, open MBAM again.
                              => Click on the Report tab
                              => Select the corresponding file --> Click on View Report
                              => Click on Export --> Text File (TXT)
                              => The Save File dialog opens
                              => Give it a name and save it to the Desktop
                              => Host the report and post the link in your next response.

                              User Guide

                              --
                              Security Contributor.
                              0
                              1. It connects with limited access after spinning for a while, heading towards nothing at all... it's not working.
                                Otherwise, is the fixlog okay?
                                0
                                1. Moderator
                                  In your first message, you mentioned:
                                  I can't access the coworking wifi for example... it redirects to gstatic or msn...? 


                                  So, are you still directed to gstatic?

                                  For the coworking wifi, if it's professional, you need to check with the provider or your company, or you could start a topic in the network section; I don't think it's due to infection

                                  --
                                  Security contributor.
                                  0
                                  • 1
                                  • 2