Grub rescue (removing dual boot)
Solved
Hello,
I had a dual boot on my machine: Windows 10 Pro, Ubuntu. The dual boot was functioning via GNU/Grub.
Since I was using Ubuntu more, I wanted to remove the dual boot. I don't know what I did, but it's not working properly anymore, and it's outside my area of expertise. The tutorials I find are meant to "rebuild" the dual boot. However, what I'm interested in is getting my system to boot directly into Windows.
I have a command prompt that says: "grub rescue no such partition"
with a "grub rescue" command prompt, I did ls, I have several things, then when doing an ls of each element, I always get "filesystem is unknown"...
I have a bootable Windows 10 USB drive, where, when I launch the Windows command prompt and access Diskpart, and I run "list volume", the drive letters of my disks are wrong. I have a data hard drive (which normally gets the letter D:), now showing as drive C:, and my drive that normally has the letter C, is now F.
Could you help me fix my system? Reinstalling Windows 10 doesn't really appeal to me, as I have license keys with programs, and I'm not very motivated to pay for everything again...
Thank you in advance for your help =)
Configuration: Macintosh / Firefox 76.0
I had a dual boot on my machine: Windows 10 Pro, Ubuntu. The dual boot was functioning via GNU/Grub.
Since I was using Ubuntu more, I wanted to remove the dual boot. I don't know what I did, but it's not working properly anymore, and it's outside my area of expertise. The tutorials I find are meant to "rebuild" the dual boot. However, what I'm interested in is getting my system to boot directly into Windows.
I have a command prompt that says: "grub rescue no such partition"
with a "grub rescue" command prompt, I did ls, I have several things, then when doing an ls of each element, I always get "filesystem is unknown"...
I have a bootable Windows 10 USB drive, where, when I launch the Windows command prompt and access Diskpart, and I run "list volume", the drive letters of my disks are wrong. I have a data hard drive (which normally gets the letter D:), now showing as drive C:, and my drive that normally has the letter C, is now F.
Could you help me fix my system? Reinstalling Windows 10 doesn't really appeal to me, as I have license keys with programs, and I'm not very motivated to pay for everything again...
Thank you in advance for your help =)
Configuration: Macintosh / Firefox 76.0
Related links:
- [Asus] Stuck in BIOS Utility - EZ Mode
- Asus stuck at startup: reboot and select proper boot device
- SSD recognized in BIOS but not bootable.
- Installing Linux and Windows on two separate hard drives
- Installing Kubuntu in dual boot with Windows...
- "Redémarrez et sélectionnez le périphérique de démarrage approprié"



