WAN Miniport
Hello,
I have a problem with my PC.
For several months now, and with the Windows 10 updates, I no longer have Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi is integrated into my laptop (Compaq CQ58-104SF).
I do have Internet access via Ethernet.
However, the Wi-Fi button on the keyboard is red. When I access my device manager, I see my network card and a hardware type called Wan Miniport.
I downloaded the drivers for my PC from the manufacturer’s website, but nothing works.
In the BIOS, the system detects this hardware.
What should I do?
Configuration: Windows / Chrome 78.0.3904.97
I have a problem with my PC.
For several months now, and with the Windows 10 updates, I no longer have Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi is integrated into my laptop (Compaq CQ58-104SF).
I do have Internet access via Ethernet.
However, the Wi-Fi button on the keyboard is red. When I access my device manager, I see my network card and a hardware type called Wan Miniport.
I downloaded the drivers for my PC from the manufacturer’s website, but nothing works.
In the BIOS, the system detects this hardware.
What should I do?
Configuration: Windows / Chrome 78.0.3904.97
2 answers
-
ModeratorHello,
Give me the identification number of your WiFi network card, see HERE, also give me your version of Windows without forgetting 32 or 64 bits.
--
bazfile
Moderator/Contributor security.
click here-
-
-
-
ModeratorIf you only have the miniports appearing in the device manager, it means your WiFi network card is no longer powered and is therefore faulty. Take a screenshot of your network cards in the device manager so I can check, and attach that screenshot in your reply https://www.commentcamarche.net/infos/25913-ccm-inserer-une-image-dans-une-discussion/
I’m leaving, I’ll get back to you tomorrow or late in the evening.
For your information, you can replace your WiFi network card with a USB WiFi adapter, see this example. -
-