.NET Framework 3.5
Solved
Hello everyone,
I have a rather annoying problem with my Windows 10 laptop. Since the beginning of the week, when I launch a software, Windows tells me: "An application on your PC requires the following Windows feature: ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)", it offers to download it from the Internet via Windows Update but without success.
On the Internet, I read that on Windows 10, it should be installed via the full installer (dotnetfx35.exe) which weighs 230 MB, I believe. I downloaded it, but when I launch it, I get the same message! "An application on your PC requires the following Windows feature: ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)"
In short, Windows tells me that to install .NET Framework 3.5, I need to install .NET Framework 3.5 first!
I no longer know how to get out of this paradox. If someone has the solution, I would be grateful.
Thank you in advance.
--
"Trotti Trotta, Mister P, there are angels wanting a kiss..."
I have a rather annoying problem with my Windows 10 laptop. Since the beginning of the week, when I launch a software, Windows tells me: "An application on your PC requires the following Windows feature: ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)", it offers to download it from the Internet via Windows Update but without success.
On the Internet, I read that on Windows 10, it should be installed via the full installer (dotnetfx35.exe) which weighs 230 MB, I believe. I downloaded it, but when I launch it, I get the same message! "An application on your PC requires the following Windows feature: ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)"
In short, Windows tells me that to install .NET Framework 3.5, I need to install .NET Framework 3.5 first!
I no longer know how to get out of this paradox. If someone has the solution, I would be grateful.
Thank you in advance.
--
"Trotti Trotta, Mister P, there are angels wanting a kiss..."
4 answers
-
ContributorIt's all good, thank you. The on-demand .NET installation was successful.
Actually, I was fooled by the buggy download progress bar.
The bar would move a bit then drop back to 0 before advancing again; I thought the download was stuck.
Thank you both very much for your help.
--
"Trotti Trotta, Mister P, there are angels who want a kiss..."
"Even Mister P's toys need toys"