Driver Issues

Hello
I just formatted my Compaq 15 notebook, I installed the Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast network driver, and I have the following information:
Windows has determined that your device's driver software is up to date
This device isn’t using any resources because it has a problem
This device cannot start. (code 10)
The Wi-Fi network card does not appear in the 'network connections'.
The Wi-Fi icon next to the clock does not appear.
Could you please help me resolve this issue?

7 answers

  1. Moderator
    Download this driver --> FHlnnqrwPKw_Realtek.zip
    and place it in your documents.

    Right-click on --> FHlnnqrwPKw_Realtek.zip
    Choose --> 7Zip
    Choose --> extract to FHlnnqrwPKw_Realtek

    Go to device manager.
    Right-click on the network controller (wifi)
    Update driver
    No, not this time, next
    Install from a list or specified location, next
    Include this location in the search
    Browse
    Select the extracted driver folder --> FHlnnqrwPKw_Realtek
    Next, etc…
    Restart.

    Download and install them in this order.
    --> SP1
    --> SP2

    After that, go to windows update and do all important updates as well as optional ones.

    The human being is at its best when things are at their worst.
    0
    1. Moderator
      Is Windows up to date?
      Are SP1 and SP2 installed?

      --
      Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. I don't see either SP1 or SP2, so Windows is not up to date.
        Also, I can't do it because I don't have internet.
        0
    2. Moderator
      Install the drivers manually:
      Right-click on a driver
      Choose --> extract all
      Go to Device Manager
      Right-click on the corresponding device
      Update driver
      Search for a driver on my computer
      Browse
      Select the unzipped folder
      OK, next
      Restart

      Wireless --> network controller
      Chipset --> sm bus controller
      Card Reader --> PCI device
      TXE --> encoding controller
      USB --> USB bus controller

      --
      The human being is at its best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. already done.
        The operating system is incompatible!!
        I have a 32-bit operating system, Windows Vista
        I also downloaded the drivers for my module 15-s107nf from the HP website but they do not work
        0
    3. Moderator
      Try these drivers:
      --> Wireless
      --> Chipset
      --> Card Reader
      --> TXE
      --> USB

      --
      Humans are at their best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. Unfortunately, none of these drivers are working; for the USB one, I have an error message (code 34).
        0
    4. Moderator
      Go back to the Device Manager
      Do you have a section --> Other devices?
      What do you have under Network adapters?

      --
      Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. In other devices:
        I have yellow triangles in:
        Network controller:
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_197D103C&REV_01
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_197D103C
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&CC_028000
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8179&CC_0280
        PCI device
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_2213103C&REV_01
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_2213103C
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF0000
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF00
        PCI encoding/decoding controller
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_2213103C&REV_0E
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_2213103C
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&CC_108000
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&CC_1080
        SM bus controller
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F12&SUBSYS_2213103C&REV_0E
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F12&SUBSYS_2213103C
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F12&CC_0C0500
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F12&CC_0C05
        USB bus controller
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS_2213103C&REV_0E
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS_2213103C
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&CC_0C0330
        PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&CC_0C03
        In Ports (COM and LPT)
        I have a yellow triangle in:
        Communication port (COM5)
        • pnp0500


        Thank you for your responses.
        0
    5. Moderator
      Download and install --> 7Zip

      Download this driver --> Realtek
      and place it in your documents.

      Right-click on --> Driver_Vista....zip
      Choose --> 7Zip
      Choose --> extract to Driver_Vista....

      Go to the Device Manager.
      Right-click on the device
      Update driver
      No, not this time, next
      Install from a list or specified location, next
      Include this location in the search
      Browse
      Go to your documents
      Go to the unzipped driver folder --> Driver_Vista....
      Folder --> WINVISTA
      Select the folder --> 32
      Next, etc…
      Restart.

      --
      Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. I no longer have the yellow triangle in the device manager. So everything you said works very well ----> cool
        but unfortunately, the Wi-Fi icon next to the clock does not appear, knowing that the LED (the F12 key) is lit.
        Note: I can't turn off this LED (it is always on).
        0
    6. Moderator
      Hello,

      Go to the Device Manager
      If there is an alert:
      Give the hardware ID of the device
      Right-click on the device
      Properties
      Details tab
      Select the hardware ID.
      It's a number that should look like this as an example:
      --> PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1026&SUBSYS.......
      If needed, look --> here

      What is the exact model number?
      Check the label under the laptop.

      --> Operating system?
      --> 32 or 64 bits?

      --
      Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
      0
      1. Hello
        here it is,
        I have 4 hardware identification numbers
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2213103C&REV_07
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_2213103C
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
        PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200
        32-bit operating system
        Windows Vista
        see you
        0