I3 or Quad-Core?

Hello,
I would like to know which is better between these two processors ..

- Intel Pentium N3520 Processor (Quad-Core 2.1 GHz - 2 MB Cache)
- Intel Core i3-3217U Processor (Dual-Core 1.8 GHz - 3 MB Cache)
I know that I3 is more recommended but it only has 1.8 GHz while the other one has 2.1 GHz and it's a Quad-Core!
Which one is better ???

5 answers

  1. The i3 because the Pentium has a very bad reputation and it's like comparing a Twingo and a Porsche; you can have the Porsche or 4 Twingos, the Porsche would have better materials... etc...
    So the i3 is less than the Pentium but it's of better quality optimized for more recent computers.
    3
    1. It would be better to take the I3, it is newer and therefore more likely to have more support and be more optimized.
      1
      1. For office tasks and Virtual DJ, would a Quad-Core be sufficient??
        0
      2. For your use, either would honestly suffice.
        The quad-core is "recommended" if you run several applications at the same time.

        I noted this on a website: "Basically, a 2.4GHz with 512 of cache will be more performant than a 2.2GHz with 1MB..."

        So for me --> quad-core
        0
    2. Based on the comparison, the i3 seems better.

      Personally, I would have leaned more towards the quad-core.
      Moreover, the comparison tool omitted quite a bit of data on the core i3.

      --
      Benjamim
      2
      1. Thank you very much! What can we conclude from this? Because I'm not a pro...
        4