OPODO Site

Hello*

Following a booking on the OPODO website on May 14, 2013, I made a mistake with the name of a passenger, my 3-year-old grandson. The next day, I contacted the site to report the error and request a correction, but they said it was impossible because the tickets had already been issued. I sent emails that went unanswered, I was never called back, and today I am being charged €85 for the modification. Supposedly, this fee is charged by Air France; however, upon checking with Air France, I was informed that it is false, as this type of modification is done free of charge if made in a timely manner, which was my case. The OPODO customer service is unresponsive and refuses to connect me with a supervisor who can assess the situation. What should I do? I feel like I am facing a scam, especially since the booking specifies that we must report any errors regarding passenger names or dates as soon as possible, which I did the day after my reservation. Given the complaints from various internet users, the site seems to be a habitual offender; how long will this be allowed to continue before an authority intervenes to shut down this scam site?
Thank you for your help.

22 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello..
    Report and seek advice from your DDPP:
    https://www.economie.gouv.fr/dgccrf/coordonnees-des-DDPP-et-DDCSPP
    E-Commerce is becoming less and less 'reliable'..
    See you later!
    7
    1. Thank you for the link.

      I just wrote to the DDPP of my department to ask what kind of action they can advise an individual to take against scams like Opodo customer service. To be continued...
      0
    2. Thank you for your response. I followed your advice and reported the scam, but I'm afraid that nothing will change given the number of comments. If something were supposed to be done!! Thank you.
      0
    3. Opodo is a big scam. They even put an address on the ticket that is not theirs, but that of Go Voyages. Don't buy tickets from them anymore. They're purely thieves. The site can even change your dates without you realizing it. So the payment is already made.
      0
    4. Customer service is terrible!!!! I've never seen anything like it in my life, they dare to call this customer service when they can't provide information on anything, and when they sense that we're upset, they hang up on us!!!!! What the hell is this!!!???? Unheard of, and the worst part is that there is no complaint service!!!! Incredible, I'm disgusted.
      0
    5. I was scammed too! I bought a plane ticket for €29 and my Visa card was charged €107! I sent about ten emails without a reply and I called several times, NOTHING!!
      0
  2. I booked a package for €3700 including flight + hotel with a supplemental insurance for FLIGHT + HOTEL (€180).
    I am canceling the trip the day before because of a positive Covid test.
    (Client file 8816828501)
    The customer service then replies that the flight will only be refunded if the airline reimburses them. However, Transavia confirms to me that they will only refund the airport tax.
    And regarding the hotel, OPODO responds that they will not refund.
    I am currently gathering many victims of your wrongdoing in order to bring your entire network OPODO, EDREAM, GO-VOYAGE… to justice.
    0
    1. Hello
      It's about time to do something; it's been over 20 years that OPODO has been playing this game of not refunding or putting obstacles in the way to discourage refund requests, it's nothing new.
      In the future, avoid going through OPODO, there are other options in this market.
      0
  3. On makes an error on the departure day and the same for the return, impossible to have someone on the phone, I don’t know what to do.
    0
    1. Good evening, I myself am a victim of a scam. I took a Prime subscription to get a discount since I travel regularly every month, and it doesn’t apply. They always ask me to call them, and indeed it has cost me a lot of money, and in the end, I hung up. So I am getting my plane tickets in another way. I write to them every day, and there is no response. Once they replied, telling me to call when I book a ticket. Currently, I am abroad, and I don’t know how to recover my subscription.
      Scam to avoid, no one on the line, no one writes to you.
      0
      1. Hello Goodfaith Consumer

        Thank you for your message, and we would like to inform you that your request is being processed by the advisor you are in contact with. Furthermore, we want to let you know that you will receive a response from her as soon as possible.

        Thank you

        Best regards

        Caroline customer care Opodo
        -3
        1. Hello,
          I tested this site to book business tickets and it is impossible to receive an invoice despite four follow-ups regarding the request on their site.
          Their customer service is simply pathetic.
          This site is truly to be avoided if you want to receive an invoice.
          0
        2. Contract number: 2202715722

          Like others, I was scammed while their website displayed "we are sorry but the transaction could not be completed." Registered letter, complaint to the police station and to the DGCCRF, called the so-called customer service which explained to me - in broken French - that it is not possible to cancel my reservation (twice the page displayed transaction impossible), how to cancel one reservation and not the other? And why, above all? Since then, I have been waiting for my refund of €914.50 but nothing, and I believe it will take time...
          Stay away from this site, stay away, do not be lured by their prices, it’s legal scamming with the support of the state that does nothing for its taxpayers.
          0
        3. @ZolkerHello,

          I just had the same problem. What are the contact numbers for OPODO?

          Thank you,
          0
        4. I have been fighting with Opodo since April 2022 for a refund of a hotel €1600. I no longer know how to get my money back. Recently, I went through eDreams for flight tickets for work, Transavia flight canceled to be refunded by eDreams 2 days after the flight cancellation and 3 weeks later still no refund on our side.

          It should be noted that Opodo, eDreams, Go Voyages are the same group and unfortunately the headquarters is no longer in Paris but in Spain. What a hassle.......

          0
      2. And one more person scammed by Opodo... I paid for a flight ticket with management fees waived and I found out upon receiving the email that they charged me an additional €16... in management fees.

        How can we stop these companies with all their scams!???
        0
        1. Hello: Opodo is an organized scam. How can we
          allow such entities to exist in our country???
          I purchased, on April 13, 2015, 2 direct round-trip tickets on their site, for a price of about 708 euros. I made sure to indicate a direct flight. In response, and after debiting my account, this scam company sent me two electronic tickets with a 24-hour layover in another city, at my expense, in addition to a price increase of over 100 euros (803.06 euros).
          I immediately reacted, and after a series of emails on their site, they informed me that I would be refunded within 7 business days, with a deduction of 120 euros, cancellation fees according to them.
          I even received a phone call from someone speaking on their behalf trying to calm me down. It turned out that the number I called afterwards was that of GO voyages, the same company of certified scammers.
          I am able to prove that I never requested a layover.
          Will I succeed in obtaining my full refund?
          0
        2. @ARNAQUEHello
          Opodo is not a travel agency, the service provision license 02001 NAF code 72.3Z is already in my emails from the DGCCRF? Already sanctioned for frauds 100,000 / 150,000; nine official reports; removed from the KBIS
          your only option; see the internet law 2001-1062 art L163-4 you can get reimbursed by your bank
          0
        3. @vanderdonk229.00 EUROS ADDITIONAL PER TICKET TO CHANGE A RETURN DATE 5 MONTHS BEFORE THE FLIGHT. SCAM AND THE COMPANY HELLO, BANANA REPUBLIC THAT ALLOWS ALL THESE LICENSED THIEVES TO OPERATE. I WILL NO LONGER DEAL WITH THESE INDIVIDUALS WHO BELONG IN JAIL.
          0
        4. BANK CARD SCAMS OPODO WITH A ZERO POINT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Hello everyone, the Odigeo company (Govoyages, Opodo, edreams, Liligo) specializes in consumer scams while presenting itself as a "clean" French company listed on the stock exchange.

          I am a victim of the abusive actions taken by the Opodo.fr site. Indeed, I selected a flight for my children and me on this site for a round trip from Paris to Djerba and back. The announced price was 626 euros, and at the time of payment, they informed me of a price of 898.42 euros due to so-called fees related to my Visa card of 274 euros. Upon seeing this, I closed the page without confirming the payment because the fees are truly excessive, and I realized while reading my emails that they had nonetheless processed the reservation. I don't know what to do because I contacted customer service, and the person I spoke to on the phone told me that these are fees related to my credit card. This site really has abusive practices, and it is truly theft, especially since the person told me that they would only refund me 360 euros if I canceled. Thank you for letting me know what recourse I might have against this site, as I still paid 274 euros in management fees for having a credit Visa card; I really don't understand.
          0
        5. On January 21, 2016, at 9:20 AM, I bought 3 round-trip plane tickets on the Opodo website for myself and my 2 children for a total price of €708.23. A few hours later, the price on the site dropped to €542.28 for the same flight, the same number of passengers, and the same departure and return day.
          I therefore called Opodo the next day before the 24-hour deadline - conditions for a refund - and at their request, I sent an email with a screenshot. Immediately, the flight prices readjusted to €708.23.
          Not having received a response by email, I called again and was told to wait at most 2 hours for a representative to call me back.
          Seeing nothing come of it, I called for the third time and learned that I would not be refunded because when I booked online, I accepted to pay that amount. Also, since I did not take out cancellation insurance, I will only be refunded the airport taxes.
          I am furious and disgusted because within less than 24 hours, the price had dropped significantly.
          Has anyone encountered this issue? Is there no recourse?
          Is there a collective procedure underway because that might interest me?
          0
      3. Reservation of a round trip flight Marseille-Ajaccio on Air Corsica from October 3 to October 6, 2014, made on September 11 through Opodo. Amount charged to my account and receipt of a reservation number stating that the electronic ticket would be issued the next day.
        Not seeing anything come through, I sent three emails and called twice with no result between September 20 and September 30.
        On October 3, I went to check in with the airline at Marseille-Provence airport. The employee confirmed that my name was indeed on the passenger list, but that, due to the lack of a ticket, she could not issue me a boarding pass: the only solution was to buy a new ticket, which I did.

        Surprise upon returning from Corsica and checking my inbox: Opodo indeed sent me my electronic ticket, but on October 3 at 12:11 PM, whereas the boarding deadline was October 3 at 8:25 AM!
        By the time the ticket arrived in my email, I was already in Ajaccio.

        Email and registered letter sent to Opodo, so far without response...
        0
        1. Hello,
          I made a reservation on Opodo forgetting to include my wife's second name for a flight to the United States. I called Opodo, and they told me to contact them again within 72 hours. After 50 calls from my side, no response.
          I then decided to solve my problem directly at their headquarters at 9 Rue Rougemont, Paris 9.
          At reception, someone finally decided to assist me.
          After 20 minutes my issue was finally resolved.
          They still asked me to buy a new ticket and that the other one was lost when I had spoken to the operators on the phone,
          even though the airline allowed the modification for about forty euros.
          So for your information, do not call the premium rate number 0170917575; it’s the same,
          but the operators are incompetent and do not know how to respond!!
          The only thing they know how to do is keep you waiting for nothing in the end.
          So for those living near Paris, it’s much simpler to go there directly; it’s more effective.
          Another piece of information: the company Opodo is part of the same group as GoVoyages, and their headquarters is in the same place.
          In any case, a very bad experience for me; I do not recommend ordering on their site to save a few euros that ultimately end up costing you more than going through the airline.
          0
          1. Hello
            I am adding a personal case. We canceled by email on March 22, 2014, a reservation for 4 people to Bombay for nearly €2000, by email and confirming with a standard email. But this request was only forwarded from the "cancellation" department to the "refund" department of *Opodo on June 2, after numerous calls and emails from my side. And the request does not seem to have been forwarded, or followed up, to the airline (Saudi Arabian) until August 15. As of October 3, there is still no outcome, and a staff member on the phone just repeats a procedural script...
            0
        2. Good evening, be careful never to go through OPODO, they are thieves and scammers!!!! I made a booking with them for a departure from Toulouse to Marrakech and THEY GAVE ME A DEPARTURE FROM MARRAKECH and they say they are sorry for the technical problem but they can't do anything because I didn't take the insurance... they want to offer me a €30 voucher for my next trip... I can't believe it... I paid €580 for my tickets!!!! NEVER OPODO!!! I'M GOING TO ADVERTISE AGAINST THEM ON FACEBOOK :(((((
          0
          1. Hello
            I am also in a dispute with Opodo, impossible to reach them, they hang up like you
            Has anyone finally been able to speak to a real manager from this company
            Best regards
            0
          2. Never order tickets or travel from Opodo!!!
            They charged my credit card twice, it's a scam and then they refuse to refund.
            It is impossible to reach them by phone and they have a premium rate number.

            NEVER USE OPODO..Spread the word...
            0
        3. Hello,

          A quick message to express my dissatisfaction regarding the SCAM SITE OPODO.

          On April 5th, I booked my ticket on their site, selecting a departure on April 11th and a return on the 23rd. And voila, magically—and of course, after payment— they confirmed my ticket from the 10th to the 23rd, even though I work on the 10th and it's impossible for me not to go to work that day.

          After realizing this, my ordeal with OPODO began, starting with the premium-rate number for which no agent was able to help me. Worse yet, they asked me to hold, and after several minutes, poof, they hung up.

          Then, when I finally managed to reach someone, they gave me another number to call, and another hassle began with them saying, "yes, sir, please wait, we will verify with the relevant department." Surprise, it hung up again.

          For the past two days, I've been trying to reach them but to no avail.

          One piece of advice: never go through OPODO, a bunch of crooks who have outsourced to Morocco to better toy with us.

          This is the last time I book a ticket with them, the last time!!!!!!!

          Good luck to those who encounter the same issue.

          Regards.
          0
          1. just to add my contribution to the OPODO scams.
            I am a victim of a double charge that was made last week on April 1, 2014. After making the reservation, I did not receive a confirmation email. Then I receive an email saying I need to rebook. I call them and they tell me that the bank has blocked the payment. I call the bank, and they tell me it has been authorized. When I go back to them, they ask me to pay again since they have canceled the previous transaction. Conclusion: three days later, I notice the double charge. Since then, I have been passed around on the phone... there are all kinds of versions (IT maintenance, very long wait times, they hang up on me...) So I called my bank again this morning, and they asked me to file a claim with them for fraudulent use of my card. I will submit the claim this afternoon...
            to be continued.
            ps the ticket is worth 630 euros.
            0
          2. I experienced the same thing as you two weeks ago, payment refused and still debited, resulting in €1200 instead of €600. I called and explained the problem, but the same thing happened, they hung up on me. Then I was told that I would have €150 in cancellation fees... then I was told I needed to wait four weeks for the company to refund me, but I called the company and they said they weren’t touching the money. So, I did the same as you with my bank, I'm waiting for a response but I'm afraid they'll cancel my confirmed ticket.
            0
        4. I am also a victim of the OPODO booking site.

          I omitted a letter in my first name and since it is a domestic flight in the USA, I immediately asked OPODO to make the correction.

          Nothing works, neither emails nor repeated phone calls. They hang up on us or, better yet, promise to call us back, without success of course.

          No recourse, as I have seen in various discussions in this forum, but too late unfortunately.

          The reason I am joining this forum today is to denounce this scam and to urge people to stop booking through this site.

          We all need to understand that this site is not reliable. While the prices may be attractive, the service is not.

          If you too are a victim of this site, don't hesitate to do as I have.
          0
          1. Hi
            I think they're recording the numbers of people who claim their rights; I was the first, I called them using the home phone, and now when I try to call them, I always get the message 'All our advisors are currently on the line, please call back later...'. It's not like the first time, it's direct. Well, I called them with my mobile, wow, an advisor answered me, and when I gave him the reference number for my file, it was like he saw a message on my file telling him "Hang up".
            0
            1. Hello Atatürk-67, you made the right decision, make a reservation directly on the website of a national airline known for its reliability (Lufthansa, Swiss Air, KLM, Air France, British Airways, etc.). It won't cost you any more; it all depends on the number of layovers... a ticket with one or two layovers is significantly cheaper than a direct flight... some credit cards will fully reimburse your tickets, provided you use them for payment... (minus the taxes which are immediately refunded to you by the airline in case of cancellation...)
              Have a good trip.
              0
              1. I was just about to book with Opodo for the first time, and after reading a bit on the forum, I'm stopping my reservation because, based on what you all are saying, this agency is a bunch of con artists and I might have been taken in as well. Keep spreading the word!!!
                2
                1. Due to a typing error, I registered the same name and now I have a stay for two people under the same name. They refuse to add another name, and I'm left with a lost stay.
                  It was a trip for my parents; I saved for two years to offer it to them. My father has cancer, and it was my gift for him and my mother! Thanks to Opodo, I might never be able to offer them this gift!!
                  0
                2. Never go through them, they are almost unreachable, and even if you manage to get them on the line, they will make you wait and it automatically cuts off. You end up paying phone bills and nothing gets solved. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED.
                  0
                3. Likewise, I seem to have made a date entry error of the 19 instead of the 17... which seemed impossible to me! Unless their server translates it into an error... I am therefore immediately requesting the correction "".. futile effort.. it’s lost for me!!!!
                  the machine is never wrong... same for their flight details = unexpected results..
                  when checking flights, the prices change from one day to the next.. it’s crazy!

                  my feeling is that this is programmed malice, much more lucrative than flights themselves... to whom it may concern... goodbye
                  0
                4. Well seen, they are scammers, they change the dates of your trip after you have paid, they don't deserve to exist.
                  0
              2. Thanks to DemanderJustice.com, it is now possible to bring a case to the Judge of proximity or the District Court online, for all everyday disputes up to 10,000 euros.

                As the year comes to a close, make some good resolutions: assert your rights!

                Damaged or non-compliant product delivered, late delivery...
                Christmas gifts, purchases, delivery
                Your Christmas gifts weren't delivered on time? One of your gifts is defective? Demander Justice allows you to complete all your procedures to obtain a refund or repair.
                Read the Practical Sheet | Start the procedure

                Missed flight: airport taxes refunded
                Travel agents, airlines
                Passengers who have missed their flight, for any reason, can obtain a refund of airport taxes that can amount to more than half the price of their ticket, even if the ticket itself is non-refundable.
                Read the Practical Sheet | Start the procedure

                Delay or cancellation of a train (or flight)
                Travel agents, airplane, train
                The plane or train you took had a significant delay or was cancelled. The airline or rail company refuses to compensate you. Demander Justice allows you to take the case to court to claim your compensation.
                Read the Practical Sheet | Start the procedure

                Hotel room not as booked
                Travel agents, hotel
                Once you arrive on-site, the hotel room does not match what was booked: missing equipment, noise disturbances, room too small, etc. What are your options?
                Read the Practical Sheet | Start the procedure

                Subscription contract renewed without notifying the customer
                Internet, TV, Telecom operators
                Before renewing the contract, the provider is obliged to inform the subscriber who can then refuse.
                Read the Practical Sheet | Start the procedure
                0
                1. Hello Markhal, it's really easy to erase all traces of your payment details; log in to Opodo, click on my account, (if you don't have an account, fill out and validate the application for opening without mentioning your credit card details) then go to my payment methods, your credit card details will appear, click on edit, then delete your information, and then click on validate. Your bank details are gone.
                  Open your account later to check if your bank references have indeed disappeared...
                  I received the Opodo invoice for taxes and cancellation fees a week ago, which I had been requesting for a long time (as it's essential for receiving the insurance reimbursement for flights canceled in June); just 24 hours after submitting the formal notice by registered mail through the legal aid service. https://www.demanderjustice.com
                  Good luck...
                  0
                  1. Opodo has processed the expected refund, ~1,000 Euros. It was chaotic, but Opodo ultimately fulfilled the contract.
                    0
                  2. My best wishes for this new year
                    On 12/13/2013, a cousin asked me to pay for a ticket from Paris to Barcelona for 12/16/2013, a message tells us that the ticket has not been validated, today I just discovered that they charged 80.20 euros, we have no electronic ticket confirming the purchase, nothing else in the email inbox.
                    I don't know how to proceed.
                    0
                  3. @touilhafidHello Touilhafid, first of all, if you have no documents to support your refund request, you need to contact your bank and ask for a proof of payment for the ticket (beneficiary - date - amount, etc.). The bank should provide you with this document. Then, you fill out a complaint request on the website https://www.demanderjustice.com and attach the bank's letter as an attachment.
                    It will cost you €29 in registration fees (registered letter + management fees ...). You will be refunded as soon as the formal notice is sent by registered mail, by the registry service of the Paris civil court.
                    Opodo avoids any disputes with the courts at all costs. They are afraid of judicial publications ...
                    They have 15 days to refund you; otherwise, they will appear before the court.
                    As for me, I received the cancellation letter from Opodo the day after submitting the formal notice. They kept me waiting for weeks...
                    Good luck,
                    0
                  4. Thank you for your quick response, I will do as you just said.
                    One question: if I call Opodo, will they refund me or not?
                    0
                  5. @touilhafidIt is important to contact the Opodo service by email (phone costs are exorbitant, €0.34 per minute) and to know their response to your dispute before filing your appeal. Attach the document from your bank to your email (as an attachment).
                    Writing to Opodo via their Facebook site is more effective, as all internet users have access to it... Opodo is wary of disputed emails...
                    Keep all emails to attach to your appeal request as attachments.
                    Good luck.
                    0
                2. Thank you for these wise recommendations.
                  It is a confirmed fact: OPODO's customer service is a real problem, and it is advisable to avoid this intermediary.
                  What does "delete your bank details quickly" mean, how do you proceed?
                  Thank you
                  0
                  1. Hello everyone, other urgent measures to take: if you have opened a customer account with Opodo, inevitably your credit card numbers are listed there. Quickly delete your banking details, you will be protected from abusive bank charges...
                    0
                    1. Hello everyone, I advise you to initiate a simplified legal procedure without delay, it will cost you €29 for the registration and processing of the file by the local court of your residence, all managed online...
                      I filed a complaint on Sunday, August 18, and I received this morning, August 7, from the court a copy of the formal notice sent to Opodo by registered mail. If the dispute is not resolved after 15 days, the case will go to the local court...
                      This will make them act; many financial disputes have been resolved after a formal notice by the judiciary. Do not let them lead you on for months....
                      Good luck to all.
                      The link: https/www.demanderjustice.com
                      0
                      1. Do you know Opodo's address to initiate a procedure?

                        A Belgian victim of Opodo's practices.
                        0
                    2. I am trying to obtain a refund for a flight cancellation. Customer service has already assured me three times that they are taking my request into account, I have sent registered letters to two addresses I found on the internet... But no confirmation email, no refund, and no response. 1,000 euros - is OPODO a scam..? I am not going to give up.
                      0
                      1. Hello Markhal, check that the mention with restrictions is noted on your reservation. If so, Opodo will only reimburse you for the airport taxes after deducting their astronomical fees... and also within a period of 3 months... In truth, these airport taxes are paid by the airline to Opodo very quickly...!!!!
                        If you purchased travel cancellation insurance, contact your insurance company quickly to inform them of your travel cancellation and what matters to them especially, the reason for this cancellation, to validate your request...
                        If you did not take out cancellation insurance, and if you paid for your reservation with a bank credit card, contact your card issuer to find out if you are covered for travel cancellation.
                        Good luck.
                        Best regards, mok26
                        0
                    • 1
                    • 2