Erreur MBR 1

Solved
Hello,

I changed my computer’s power supply, replacing the cables from the old PSU with the new PSU’s cables in exactly the same place, but when I turn on my PC I get the following message: MBR error 1 / Press any key to boot from floopy ! And I can’t press any key!

What should I do about this message please?

5 answers

  1. Contributor
    I should have started with the cable :D All the helpdesks have that written in neon pink on the walls...

    --
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...
    0
    1. Ah it's good! In fact it was a red fiche that had come unplugged!! Everything is fine without needing to insert the Windows disk! Thanks anyway!
      0
      1. Contributor
        MBR is "Master Boot Record". For a reason I cannot guess like that, your MBR is missing/defective/corrupted/not good.

        I quote the druid's message:

        Restore the Windows XP MBR Start the computer with the Windows CD, choose the R option. The recovery console offers to open a Windows XP session; if you proceed in this direction, the administrator account is automatically activated, type the password for this account. At the command prompt, type: « fixboot c: » and press Enter. Restart by typing the command « exit ». *Master Boot Record 


        Otherwise, check the cable itself, as well as your power supply.

        --
        Remember remember the fifth of November
        Gunpowder, treason and plot.
        I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
        Should ever be forgot...
        1
        1. But for me it’s not at all the same thing! It’s not an OS error I think... It says MBR error 1.

          What should I do?
          0