Illustrator: vectorize text

Solved
Hello,

I’m working on Illustrator CS5 in English. Before, I was on Illustrator CS3 in French. Although the menu shouldn’t have changed much from CS3 to CS5, I admit I’m struggling with the English to French transition. Anyway.

I’ve placed some text and want to vectorize it. However, when I go to the “Path” menu under the “Object” tab, everything is grayed out except for “Clean-up.” So, am I doing something wrong? How do I proceed?

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 7.0.1

5 answers

  1. Contributor
    Try using the keyboard shortcut shift/ CTRL/ O

    a+++
    1. Ok, I need to note this down. It works. But why does the shortcut work while everything else has failed?
    2. Contributor
      no idea, it works very well for me.

      otherwise, you select the text with the black arrow, right-click and choose vectorize, in English it should be "Create Outlines"