JAVA/Exdoer.A virus detected by Avira

Solved
Hello,

Avira has just detected the virus JAVA/Exdoer.A on my PC.
Can someone help me get rid of it?
Thanks in advance.

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 4.0

5 answers

  1. Thank you for your answers.
    I deleted it and did a new scan: Avira no longer detects anything.
    See you later.
    0
    1. Good evening

      Nothing serious, it's about the Java application.

      Useful on our PCs.

      See you later
      --
      ---------Security Contributor---------
      We have all been beginners at something at some point.
      But knowledge is the reward for diligence.
      0
      1. nonsense this answer...
        0
      2. because it is a temporary file used -indeed- by Java, but installed here* by a malicious Java application.

        *in the folder Documents and Settings\XXXX\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0
        0
      3. I would like to add finally that the Java cache can be managed via "Java" in the configuration panel (clearing, settings, size...
        0
      4. Do you think I should clean my PC (sorry, I'm not an expert...)? Or something else?
        Thanks for your reply.
        0
    2. Normally, if it is deleted, that's fine. Still, try to do a new scan; you never know.
      0
      1. It's done, I deleted it.
        Do I need to clean my PC now (sorry, I'm not an expert)?
        0
        1. Name: JAVA/Exdoer.A
          Date of discovery: 08/03/2011
          Type: Java
          In circulation: No
          Reported infections: Medium to high
          Distribution potential: Low
          Destruction potential: Medium
          Static file: Yes
          File size: 5.053 Bytes
          MD5 hash: 1dcad9dc810da4c90f28f4412681d1d6
          VDF version: 7.10.09.114
          IVDF version: 7.11.04.118

          General
          Propagation method:
          * It does not have its own propagation routine

          Aliases:
          * Kaspersky: Exploit.Java.CVE-2010-0840.d
          * F-Secure: Exploit.Java.CVE-2010-0840.d
          * Eset: Java/TrojanDownloader.OpenStream.NBI
          * DrWeb: Exploit.Java.186

          Platforms / Operating systems:
          * Windows XP
          * Windows 2003
          * Windows Vista
          * Windows Server 2008
          * Windows 7

          Side effects:
          * It downloads a file
          * It lowers security settings
          * It exploits software vulnerabilities
          * CVE-2010-0840

          Here is some information about this virus, but normally your antivirus should offer to remove it ;)
          0