Twain driver issue

Hello,
as a beginner in computer science, I can't manage to install the printer and scanner software. The Twain driver is not installed; what should I do? Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance
Orlane
Configuration: windows XP

24 answers

  1. Response for Twain Driver Search:

    Go to "Epson" using Google
    Click on "Scanners"
    Click on "Contact Us"
    Click on "Technical Support Request"

    Select "Scanners"
    "Product"
    "Operating System"

    Confirm Selection

    Click on Confirm Selection

    RESULT = 2 TWAIN Drivers to Download: Twain 5.7
    Twain 5.7f
    0
    1. Hello

      Sorry Lucemarie, but last night I once again had connection problems. From 11 PM/11:30 PM my ISP is performing
      DSL improvements. As for the scanner, mine is also from 2003 and I just upgraded to Vista when I bought a new PC with Vista, and God knows how hard I struggled to get the scanner to work under Vista, but I managed. I think you made a mistake during your initial installation, like using a driver
      that is not compatible with Vista (so installed with your XP CD) and especially with the scanner turned on
      (when installing a USB or parallel device, it must always be off).
      Leave everything as it is and check the PM I sent you
      --
      Do not fear change but fear the routine.
      0
      1. Unfortunately, it means that your scanner is not recognized. When did you buy it?
        --
        Do not fear change, but fear routine.
        0
        1. In 2003, it worked very well on my old PC with XP, and now I've just changed my PC and I have Vista; that's where it all comes from!!!
          0
        2. @lucemarieHello

          Regarding the scanner, my scanner is also from 2003 and I just switched to Vista
          when I bought a new PC with Vista, and God knows how hard I struggled to get the scanner working under Vista,
          but I managed. I think you made a mistake during your initial installation, like using a driver
          that is not compatible with Vista (so installed with your XP CD) and especially with the scanner turned on
          (when installing a USB or parallel device, it must always be off).
          We will succeed. Two solutions are available.
          1- From the Windows uninstallation program (Control Panel/Programs and Features)
          Do you see your Canonscan driver? If so, uninstall it from there. That's the only way to remove all
          traces of the XP driver. At that point, contact me

          2- Alternatively, uninstall via the device manager with the scanner turned on, your scanner driver and remove canon Twain in Twain 32
          download here https://www.canon.fr/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_n1240u.html the driver 4- canoscan Toolbox 4.136 and install the scanner turned off.
          Restart your PC and once on your desktop, turn on the scanner
          --
          Do not fear change but fear routine.
          0
      2. In Paint, the scanner or camera option is grayed out and I can't click on it (I think I'm collecting everything that can happen!!!)
        0
        1. no it has nothing to do with it but wait before restarting your PC with the scanner on. Then go to Paint, then click on a scanner or a camera.. you should see your scanner click and try to scan
          --
          Do not fear change but fear routine
          0
          1. yes, but you need software to acquire the image
            go to Canon and get the software 4 CanoScan Toolbox 4136
            and reboot your PC after the installation

            --
            Do not fear change but fear routine
            0
            1. Do I need to uninstall CanonGear Toolbox 3.0 that I installed from the CD before taking version 4136?
              0
          2. what software do you scan with
            --
            Do not fear change but fear the routine
            0
            1. with my scanner that I installed with the original CD CANON N1240u
              0
          3. Well yes, and then uninstall your (turned on) scanner in the device manager and then uninstall the scanner completely. Restart your PC and when you are on your desktop, turn it back on. Windows will detect it and let it search for the driver on the web.
            --
            Do not fear change but rather fear routine.
            0
            1. It's done, I received the message at the bottom of the screen saying new hardware installed (the name of the driver was indeed there), ready to be used. I tested the scanner again... message "twain driver not found." I also retested the scanner in the control panel... test successful, and in the scan profile "no scanner is installed," while the scanner is working as if I were scanning... I don't know anymore!!!!!
              0
          4. Control Panel then Programs and Features and look for Twain
            --
            Do not fear change but fear routine
            0
            1. I don't have it in the configuration panel/programs, but in windows/twain32 there is a CNQL30 file which corresponds to CANON. Should I delete it from there?
              0
          5. Can you uninstall Twain using the Windows uninstaller?
            --
            Do not dread change but fear routine.
            0
            1. Where do I go to uninstall Twain?
              0
          6. It's just a Twain problem, wait 2 seconds, I'm looking for something
            --
            Do not fear change, but dread routine
            0
            1. you need to turn on your scanner to see it
              --
              Do not fear change but fear routine
              0
              1. Here is the translation:

                "Here it is, I've done it, I have a message saying that the driver is up to date, I re-tried the scanner and still 'TWAIN driver not found.' I went to the control panel, scanner, I clicked on my scanner, scanner properties, test the scanner = test successful, then when I go to the scanning profile tab I get the message: no scanner is installed!!!! yet I have it properly installed!!"
                0
            2. In Device Manager, I don't see my scanner (in imaging devices), I only have QuickTime.
              0
              1. Okay, thanks again, I'll try to do all that and keep you updated.
                0
                1. Look in the Windows directory to see if you have a subdirectory TWAIN 32
                  --
                  Do not fear change but fear routine
                  0
                  1. Hello

                    Right-click on the icon "computer" then on "properties" finally on "device manager" and look in imaging devices by clicking on it you should see your scanner, right-click on it then properties then driver and uninstall. ATTENTION your scanner must be turned off. Always with the scanner off...restart Windows, then install the driver...after that turn on your scanner unless during the installation the driver asks you to turn it on..keep me posted
                    --
                    Do not fear change but fear routine
                    0
                    1. Hello again,
                      I just did everything you told me, everything seems to have gone perfectly, but when I try to scan I still get the message "unable to select a TWAIN source".....I don't know what to do!!!
                      In "control panel" "scanner" when I click on my scanner the driver appears correctly, and the scanner is set as the default scan. Is there another setting to adjust?
                      Thanks again
                      Lucemarie
                      0
                    2. @xtremisGood evening,
                      I checked in Windows, I do have a twain32 subfolder with a CANON subfolder created on 10/23.
                      I downloaded EXTERNAL MIRROR which I placed on "the desktop" before installing it because I would like to know if I need to uninstall the scanner before installing it and what I should do with the old driver that I downloaded, should I delete it and how to do so.
                      Thank you
                      Lucemarie
                      0
                    3. @lucemarieYou have the other drivers. See if you can uninstall the Twain through the control panel; otherwise, reinstall it over.
                      You won’t risk anything because it doesn’t work anyway. But install the scanner while it’s off. Once the installation is complete, if the driver doesn’t ask you to turn on your scanner, restart your PC and turn on the scanner as soon as it boots.
                      --
                      Do not fear change but fear routine.
                      0
                    4. @xtremisOkay, I'm heading to work now, I'll do it tonight and keep you updated.
                      Thanks again and have a good day
                      Lucemarie
                      0
                  2. Good evening or good morning

                    What is the brand of your scanner or rather the type from Canon? And don't forget that your scanner should not be plugged in until the driver is installed. Only once the driver is installed can you plug it in, and Windows will detect it and install it
                    --
                    Do not fear change but fear the routine
                    0
                    1. Hello,
                      Thank you for this quick response.
                      My scanner is Canonscan N1240U.
                      When I installed the driver, my scanner was connected, maybe that's where the issue comes from.
                      I will uninstall and start over, but before doing anything foolish, can you tell me how to uninstall the driver? I know how to do it for programs, but not for drivers. I went to Control Panel - All Programs and I don't see it; I see it when I click on "Scanner..." the change driver tab, but I can't find how to uninstall it from there.
                      Thanks again for your help.
                      Lucemarie
                      0
                  3. Hello
                    I'm desperately trying to get my Canon N656U scanner to work on Windows Vista Home Edition, apparently the Twain driver is missing and it's not on the scanner's installation CD.
                    I can't find Twain for Vista, it's not on the Canon website.
                    Does anyone have a solution?
                    Big kisses to my savior
                    A very annoyed person from Drôme
                    0
                    1. Hello,
                      I have the same problem as you, I've been struggling for days and days. The Vista compatible driver is on the Canon website, or on the "all drivers" site, you need to download "lide20lide30n670un676un1240uvst7031a_xpen02.exe" -
                      I did that but the result is the same for me, still the message "unable to select TWAIN source."
                      Have you resolved your problem since then?? If so, can you tell me how you did it?
                      Thank you in advance.
                      Best regards
                      Lucemarie
                      0
                  4. Contributor
                    I'm really happy for you!

                    I didn't want to overwhelm you in my previous message, but just one more remark:
                    Current is measured in Amperes (or milliAmperes)
                    Voltage is measured in Volts.

                    ... and not the other way around.
                    0
                    1. ok, this is my first appearance on CCM and it is not a methodological success. still, Didiéridou has the answer to my question even if I am not asking him the right way. and maybe it’s not by changing forums that I will be able to do it. thank you for helping me with the method...
                      0
                      • 1
                      • 2