RCA cable/Speaker cable

Solved
Hello,

I am desperately looking for an RCA cable with regular speaker wires as output to replace mine which is no longer usable.
I have searched everywhere but I can't find it!

Thank you in advance

Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 3.6.6

18 answers

  1. So basically, if I buy that cable https://www.materiel.net/
    And cut a piece of the cable, will it work?
    9
    1. Moderator
      The outer sleeve is the ground (negative) and the core (the soul) is the positive.

      If you think you can hook this up, it will work.

      Be careful of short circuits.
      0
    2. "The outer sheath is the ground (negative) and the core (the soul) is the positive.

      Uh, you're speaking Chinese here...
      I'm really inexperienced when it comes to HIFI!

      If you can find me a cable on matériel.net that I just have to cut one end off to be able to plug it in, I'd be very grateful!"
      0
    3. If it is indeed a cable for a speaker, then yes.
      The + of a speaker is not a polarity in the same way as for a battery, a diode, etc. It simply means that when the signal alternation is positive, the diaphragm moves forward.
      Making a mistake would only affect sound quality, in terms of acoustic phases.
      In a multi-way setup, it is important to respect the polarities for this sole reason. In fact, everything can be reversed. If that's all, it won't change anything.
      0
    4. Moderator
      On a an RCA cable, there are generally two sheaths,

      An outer one that encases everything, the negative - is the first one you will see when removing it.

      An inner one that separates the negative and the positive + which is inside the former.
      0