Uninstall Daemon Tools

Solved
Hello!

After installing Daemon Tools, it wasn't working.
So I wanted to remove it from the add/remove programs, but it wasn't there.
So I deleted its directory in the program files.
Then I reinstalled it but now I can't anymore!
The K: CD drive that Daemon created is still there and I don't know how to remove it!
What should I do?

Thanks for your replies.

30 answers

  1. Indeed, whether it's under VISTA or XP

    you just need to go to the DAEMON TOOLS folder

    under XP:

    C:\Programs Files\DAEMON

    under VISTA:

    C:\Program Files\DAEMON

    then in this file you have "uninstall" of the software

    and that one is very quick.
    34
    1. Great, thank you very much! I had completely forgotten about it! =)
      0
    2. Thank you for removing that mess.
      0
    3. Thank you very much!
      0
    4. The uninstallation of Daemon Tools is not entirely complete; there will always be traces left on your PC.
      0
    5. how to erase these traces?
      0
  2. <response>HELLO it's a puzzle, I can't uninstall either, and when I activate the uninstall it doesn't work, it looks for the file as if it were nonexistent, the other methods are the same, they don't work ... help</response>
    0
    1. The rem5411 method works on Win7, with a little cleanup of the registry using ccleaner.
      1
      1. Without reinstalling DT, you can also do it through the Device Manager under XP:

        Either through the Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System tab Hardware then Device Manager, where you click on the + next to CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives, right-click on the virtual drive and uninstall (be careful to remove the virtual drive rather than the physical one!)
        Or by right-clicking on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager (same procedure as above)
        0
        1. You just need to reinstall daemon-tools-lite and remove the drive at the bottom left.
          1
          1. Safe mode will uninstall but the directory must not be deleted, okay?
            0
        2. Salut à tous, moi j'ai désinstallé Daemon Tools, ça s'est supprimé normalement mais il m'a laissé un lecteur inexistant. Vous pouvez m'aider s'il vous plaît ?
          1
          1. too bad you’re not going to take a look in \program files\daemon tools lite, because there’s an uninstall to run, no daemon isn’t a piece of crap like some have written, or if you think so don’t install it, everything is at your own risk, this software is free so!!!
            1
            1. OK, Daemon Tools is a very good tool that I've been using without any problems for years.
              The problem is, the exe file has changed its name and we can no longer configure anti-blax.
              Do you have a solution?
              Thank you
              0
          2. c'est bon, mon problème est réglé, j'ai reformaté mon PC.
            0
            1. uninstall and reinstall Daemon Tool
              0
              1. Bonjour à tous, moi j'ai utilisé Anti-Blax pour jouer à NFSMW et il y a besoin de Daemon Tools, sauf que le petit problème, c'est qu'il ne marche plus après un redémarrage et il a bousillé mon Daemon Tools et depuis je n'arrive plus à le désinstaller et à le réinstaller.
                1
                1. Under Vista.
                  Go to C /program / folder Daemond then click on uninstall.
                  3
                  1. Hi!
                    Phew, finally free!
                    On XP SP3, I applied the CHUTAIN method, it works perfectly!
                    -1
                    1. Hello, I installed Daemon and I wanted to remove it, so I uninstalled it and deleted all the icons related to it! But when I open my browser, Daemon opens instead of my internet page (which was Google before). Anyway, I can't get it removed! Could you please help me?? Thanks in advance.
                      -1
                      1. I installed Daemon Tools yesterday and it quickly annoyed me, so I got rid of it.
                        This morning I turned on my PC and boom, it says:
                        "You are not authorized to run Daemon Tools, you are not an administrator."
                        I said: You're right, buddy.
                        I went to Programs, Daemon Tools Lite, and boom uninstall!
                        It just asked me if I wanted to keep the virtual drive settings, and I said:
                        "Well, this software must have served some purpose, right?! #!!"

                        Anyway, just saying it's that simple ;)
                        1
                        1. And how do you uninstall?
                          0
                      2. Thank you, Chuntain;
                        The simplest manipulations are sometimes the most effective....
                        Thanks again, I didn't know how I was going to get out of this.
                        1
                        1. Hello everyone!

                          In case this might help some of you, I had Daemon Tools Lite 4.12.3 and I didn't understand how to uninstall it either. In the end, I did something very simple but effective: you just need to double-click on the executable file and a message will prompt you to uninstall Daemon Tools. I'm on Vista, but I hope this helps you!
                          1
                          1. Simply log in to the administrator session of your computer. If you only have one, (which is therefore necessarily an administrator), then the problem does not come from there.
                            1
                            1. Well, thank you for wanting to help me =) it’s nice, but the problem is that I can't see any of my photos or listen to my songs anymore... plus, I'm not at a high computer level. I say this because I don't know where the administrator section of my PC is =s.
                              0
                          2. Bonjour, j'essaie de supprimer Daemon Tools de mon ordinateur mais celui-ci me dit que je ne peux pas le supprimer car il me faut une autorisation. En gros, je pense que je ne suis pas admin de mon Daemon Tools. J'espère que vous pourrez me donner une solution. Merci.
                            0
                            1. Speak French or don't post. It's disappointing. Thank you.
                              0
                          3. Well, I deleted everything from Daemon Tools, then CCleaner, Regcleaner, anti-spy, I restarted, and there you go, magic magic, it worked.
                            1
                            • 1
                            • 2