Uninstall Daemon Tools

Solved
Hello!

After installing Daemon Tools, it wasn't working.
So I wanted to remove it from the add/remove programs, but it wasn't there.
So I deleted its directory in the program files.
Then I reinstalled it but now I can't anymore!
The K: CD drive that Daemon created is still there and I don't know how to remove it!
What should I do?

Thanks for your replies.

30 answers

  1. Indeed, whether it's under VISTA or XP

    you just need to go to the DAEMON TOOLS folder

    under XP:

    C:\Programs Files\DAEMON

    under VISTA:

    C:\Program Files\DAEMON

    then in this file you have "uninstall" of the software

    and that one is very quick.
    34
    1. Great, thank you very much! I had completely forgotten about it! =)
      0
    2. Thank you for removing that mess.
      0
    3. Thank you very much!
      0
    4. The uninstallation of Daemon Tools is not entirely complete; there will always be traces left on your PC.
      0
    5. how to erase these traces?
      0
  2. Hey beautiful mess this daemon....
    well otherwise do a search on c: for "drp347" and delete them (there should normally be 2) then restart the machine and that's it
    and if you can’t delete them first go to device manager and delete the drp347 scsi in scsi controller...
    and then delete the 2 files of the same name
    JUNE
    -1
    1. Salut, mon problème c'est que j'ai supprimé Daemon Tools sans le désinstaller, mais il ne veut pas se réinstaller, il me marque "getlasterror = 32". Merci d'avance.
      0
    2. @snoopIf the standard uninstallation doesn't work, I recommend using the CCleaner software. It's free and allows you to clean up all the unused files left by poorly installed programs.

      CCleaner

      CCleaner also helps to speed up your Windows; at least, I've noticed a big difference.
      0
  3. Sorry, I messed up the file names, it's "d347prt" instead. There you go.
    0
    1. and there's also d347bus
      phew, we made it....
      0
      1. and there's also d347bus
        phew, we made it....
        -1
        1. Hello, I downloaded Daemon Tools to open an .iso file; when I finished, I wanted to uninstall Daemon Tools but AdVantage (which was also installed with Daemon Tools?) doesn't want to uninstall.

          I did delete it in add/remove programs. I can't remove it in My Computer >> Programs, Windows tells me it is in use. I try to stop its use... No way :(

          What should I do??

          Thanks in advance..

          Thomas.

          PS: I am on Vista...
          0
          1. I'm sorry, but I can only provide translations.
            0
        2. you launch msconfig, disable it, and copy the address of the .exe folder
          you go to the root of the file and launch UnAdv.exe to uninstall it. see you later
          4
          1. What is unadv.exe exactly?

            What we know about UNADV.EXE:
            UNADV.EXE
            AUTOMATED SOFTWARE PROFILE, ANALYSIS, REMOVAL AND SIGNATURE INFORMATION: Automated software profile, analysis, removal, and signature information:
            DEFINITION OF: UNADV.EXE Definition of: UNADV.EXE

            * Safety Rating: Uncertain Safety Rating: uncertain
            * First seen: Oct 25 2006 (GMT) First seen: Oct 25 2006 (GMT)
            * Last seen: Oct 25 2006 (GMT) Last seen: Oct 25 2006 (GMT)
            * File Size: 114,578 bytes File Size: 114.578 bytes
            * Concerns about your PC security? Concerns about your PC security? We help thousands of new users every day to clean their PC of high risk spyware, adware, trojan, virus and rootkit infections We help thousands of new users every day to clean their PC of high risk spyware, adware, trojan, virus, and rootkit infections.
            0
        3. Hello, since I tried Daemon Tools, when I turn on the printer, a removable disk appears, and when I plug in my USB stick, it's the same issue; I can no longer use it. How can I fix this? It tells me to format, but it doesn't work. Thank you in advance.
          2
          1. Hello, I downloaded Daemon Tools to be able to read ISO files and since then several problems have arisen. I keep getting spam and viruses have appeared, and they keep coming back frequently even after Avast and Spybot. I wanted to uninstall it, but I can't find it in the add or remove programs section, and that's a big problem. Please help me because I'm not very knowledgeable about this, thank you.
            1
            1. Hello,
              Try using TuneUp Utilities 2008, it works perfectly for removing stubborn files.
              With Daemon Tools, it works anyway.
              ribbo04345
              0
          2. I can't reinstall Daemon Tool. I'm totally lost. I've run CCleaner and RegCleaner, lowered the antivirus level, and I'm getting an error message. Please help me, I don't know what to do anymore :-(
            1
            1. Well, I deleted everything from Daemon Tools, then CCleaner, Regcleaner, anti-spy, I restarted, and there you go, magic magic, it worked.
              1
              1. Bonjour, j'essaie de supprimer Daemon Tools de mon ordinateur mais celui-ci me dit que je ne peux pas le supprimer car il me faut une autorisation. En gros, je pense que je ne suis pas admin de mon Daemon Tools. J'espère que vous pourrez me donner une solution. Merci.
                0
                1. Speak French or don't post. It's disappointing. Thank you.
                  0
              2. Simply log in to the administrator session of your computer. If you only have one, (which is therefore necessarily an administrator), then the problem does not come from there.
                1
                1. Well, thank you for wanting to help me =) it’s nice, but the problem is that I can't see any of my photos or listen to my songs anymore... plus, I'm not at a high computer level. I say this because I don't know where the administrator section of my PC is =s.
                  0
              3. Hello everyone!

                In case this might help some of you, I had Daemon Tools Lite 4.12.3 and I didn't understand how to uninstall it either. In the end, I did something very simple but effective: you just need to double-click on the executable file and a message will prompt you to uninstall Daemon Tools. I'm on Vista, but I hope this helps you!
                1
                1. Thank you, Chuntain;
                  The simplest manipulations are sometimes the most effective....
                  Thanks again, I didn't know how I was going to get out of this.
                  1
                  1. I installed Daemon Tools yesterday and it quickly annoyed me, so I got rid of it.
                    This morning I turned on my PC and boom, it says:
                    "You are not authorized to run Daemon Tools, you are not an administrator."
                    I said: You're right, buddy.
                    I went to Programs, Daemon Tools Lite, and boom uninstall!
                    It just asked me if I wanted to keep the virtual drive settings, and I said:
                    "Well, this software must have served some purpose, right?! #!!"

                    Anyway, just saying it's that simple ;)
                    1
                    1. And how do you uninstall?
                      0
                  2. Hello, I installed Daemon and I wanted to remove it, so I uninstalled it and deleted all the icons related to it! But when I open my browser, Daemon opens instead of my internet page (which was Google before). Anyway, I can't get it removed! Could you please help me?? Thanks in advance.
                    -1
                    1. Hi!
                      Phew, finally free!
                      On XP SP3, I applied the CHUTAIN method, it works perfectly!
                      -1
                      1. Under Vista.
                        Go to C /program / folder Daemond then click on uninstall.
                        3
                        • 1
                        • 2