ATAPI incompatible

Solved
Hello,
I have a small problem with starting my PC.
Indeed, when I turn it on, it goes into the BIOS and, as usual, it performs a small test of the devices connected inside. The problem is that it no longer detects anything and also displays ATAPI Incompatible.

I'm not quite sure what that means, but after researching online and in the PC, I noticed that when the hard drive is connected to IDE port 1, nothing shows up.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and please, it's important. This is a server and it needs to be restarted as quickly as possible.

DJSIR
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.5.2

8 answers

  1. I had exactly the same problem. The solution for me was to put the hard drive and the CD drive on 2 different cables and 2 different ports. ATAPI is an adaptation for optical drives of ATA.
    5
    1. @sony-vaio
      Thank you for your response, but that won't solve my problem (well, I will still try)
      As I mentioned in the first message, the hard drive alone does not work. So with one more thing...
      0
    2. Remove the battery and reset the BIOS.
      0
    3. Le terme ""jenpi"" semble être une encodage HTML pour le mot "je n'sais pas" ou "je ne sais pas". En d'autres termes, il se réfère à une expression familière signifiant "je ne sais pas".
      0
  2. Put your problem to rest!

    Happy that it worked, I will try it on my super Pentium 200MHz.
    0
    1. Thank you very much, it's good, I set auto-detection for port IDE1 and IDE2 and it only detects on port IDE2 but it's okay, it needs to be changed, thank you very much and again thank you, you are saving my life!
      0
      1. You can do it in the BIOS. You should see something like boot, and you modify the order and their hierarchy. You can also change the jumpers.
        2
        1. How do we do it?
          In the BIOS, it's all in English and I don't understand anything...
          2
          1. Here is a brief summary of what I did (it's still not working).

            Config 1:
            Hard drive connected to IDE 1, not detected
            DVD drive connected to IDE 2, detected

            Config 2:
            Hard drive connected to IDE 2, not detected + screen won't turn on

            Config 3:
            Hard drive and DVD drive on IDE 2, not detected

            I would like to point out that the hard drive works as a slave on another PC

            Thank you
            0
            1. I forgot to tell you that it wasn't working for me either, but I tried with the other port and it worked. I can run one drive at a time, I haven't found anything better. In my opinion, TAPI and ATA are incompatible.
              0