Setting Up the HP Remote Control

Hello everyone,
I have an HP Pavilion Dv9000 laptop that comes with an infrared remote control.
However, apart from opening Windows Media Center or adjusting the volume, it is of no other use.
That's why I would like to know if there is a way or a software that allows modifying the buttons on the remote control or making it compatible with other programs like VLC.
Thank you all in advance. ;)

Configuration: Hp Pavilion Dv9000 Windows Vista Home Premium Firefox 3.0.5 4GB of RAM Intel Centrino Duo

7 answers

  1. Hello,

    To set up your remote control, download "LM Remote Keymap", the free version is already quite good

    http://ww12.lmgestion.net
    4
    1. Hello
      the problem has been solved thanks to

      taraking2
      and his magic link:
      http://ww12.lmgestion.net

      could you mark the question as "resolved"? It will be easier to find this solution, which is quite rarely suggested?
      thank you

      ps: I had been browsing forums for an hour..
      2
      1. Just like Axel,
        My remote control doesn't work anymore, except when the computer is off or in sleep mode, then I can turn it on with the remote ... pretty weird though :o
        0
        1. Hello,
          I have essentially the same problem, except that I have a Dv6 1340sf with Windows 7... Still no ideas?
          0
          1. I still haven't found
            @ +
            0
        2. same problem....
          it's exhausting, I can't find even a little software to program the keys T_T
          I tried Grider :o but I didn't succeed, let me know if you can do better ;)
          1
          1. It's just a matter of the driver. Nothing else. And if you download the right driver, you'll have access to all the functions of the remote control. I was on Vista, all the buttons worked fine. Each one had its function that worked well. And now I'm on Windows Seven Ultimate and it doesn't work anymore, at least not yet. I just need to find the driver for Win 7. IT'S ONLY THE DRIVER THAT WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE FUNCTIONS OF THE REMOTE CONTROL. I'm going to look for it on HP.com. I'll give you the one for XP and Vista. As for Seven, I'm not sure if I'll find it yet. I think we need to wait a few more weeks or a few months. That's it.
            0
          2. @moonchildNo, it's not a driver issue. The driver only allows the activation of buttons for predefined software. What we want is to find a solution for the remote buttons to work in other programs. If I find a way to program it, I'll let you know.
            0
        3. Hello,
          Same question, if someone knows how to program the buttons on the HP mobile remote, I am interested.

          Thank you
          1
          1. Hi,

            I have the same problem as you!
            It's not great that there are so few functions for this remote that could be so useful!!

            I don't use media center, but VLC or Windows Media Player. It definitely doesn't work with VLC, but it works (a bit) with WMP... which is also pretty good...

            For now, I haven't found any other alternative... I'm still looking on my side and I'll repost when I find something! ^^
            0