Excel bug when copying Date
Solved
Hello,
A little Excel curiosity that I've never understood ...........
Why when I copy one or more cells containing dates (in this case, bank accounts) extracted from workbook 1 for example, do they get modified when "pasting" into a new workbook 2 ?????? with a delta of (latest example in date....) 1 day for the day and 4 years for the year. The month remains intact. Nice, right ??????
Text, formatting, font .......... are preserved.
Have a nice day
A little Excel curiosity that I've never understood ...........
Why when I copy one or more cells containing dates (in this case, bank accounts) extracted from workbook 1 for example, do they get modified when "pasting" into a new workbook 2 ?????? with a delta of (latest example in date....) 1 day for the day and 4 years for the year. The month remains intact. Nice, right ??????
Text, formatting, font .......... are preserved.
Have a nice day
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
2 answers
-
Hello,
try in "options, calculation tab"
and uncheck "calendar from 1904"
Denis-
-
I have exactly the same problem.
When I copy: day -1 and year -4
Except that "calendar since 1904" is not checked...
So I copied the file.
On my copy (with N-4), I checked "calendar since 1904" and it gave me the correct date....
Has anyone else had a similar problem and possibly another solution??? -
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem, except that I am trying to copy dates from workbook A to workbook B, which already contains dates. I tried the trick explained earlier, and I no longer have any pasting issues when copying. However, the dates that were already present in B, which were correct, are all modified (with minus 1 day and minus 4 years).
Any ideas on how I can keep the existing dates intact and correctly copy/paste the dates from my other workbook?
Thanks in advance. -
-
-