Error message during ET2861 driver installation

I have an error message "file copy impossible, check that the disk is writable" when I try to install the driver for my ET2861 printer

4 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello there,

    We may just want to remind here that, on this forum, minimal basic courtesy formulas such as “Hello (at least)” - “Please” - “Thank you” and any other variations on the same theme are very appreciated by the volunteers on this forum ;-)
    it will serve you for your future messages
    And for at least one good reason in addition to universal civility: the people who respond here are volunteers who are asked for a free service.

    https://www.commentcamarche.net/infos/25855-charte-d-utilisation-de-commentcamarche-net-respect-d-autrui/

    and here is a small BONUS

    Thank you in advance.
    And in the meantime, good continuation here.

    If my answer helped you, click the Thank you button.
    Mark as solved if your problem is resolved.
    3
    1. Hello, I just bought an printer andega 2861. When I installed the driver, I get a message: file copy failed, verify that the disk is writable. I disabled the antivirus and ran as admin but same. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit. Before I had an epson e2710 and it was fine. I wonder if the driver is infected. I downloaded it from the Epson site. Thanks in advance for your help.

      0
      1. Hello, since the driver comes directly from the Epson site and running as administrator doesn't change anything, I would first check whether the issue stems from write permissions or the temporary folder used by the installation. If possible, also try running the installation from another location on the disk. The message does not necessarily mean that the driver is corrupted.

        0
        1. Thank you for your reply. However, I’m afraid I don’t know how to implement your two pieces of advice. Could you be more precise? Thanks in advance.

          0