Defective address and code

Hello,

Big trouble with one of my accounts on ThunderBird. The account in question allows me to receive emails but not to send them, claiming that it is misconfigured.

When sending, I get a warning:

"The message could not be sent.
Could not authenticate to outgoing server (SMTP) Ap6sxydkE6m8h Password invalid. Check or reset your password on orange.fr: http://assistance.orange.fr/oid/78554#onglet3 [305]. Please check your password and the 'Authentication method' in the 'Account Settings | Outgoing Server (SMTP)' menu
."

But how do I proceed? How to access the indicated pages, verify what is already entered, and fix it?

Thanks for your responses

3 answers

  1. HelloTessel750

    Change password:

    Use the application password instead of the Orange one:

    1
    1. Hello,

      try updating Thunderbird

      in Thunderbird settings > Privacy & Security > Saved Passwords > delete all the orange lines > restart Thunderbird

      it will ask you to log in again, then try sending an email again.

      if it doesn’t work, try deleting the Thunderbird address and re-adding it

      0
      1. Thanks to both of you for your responses. Actually, I uninstalled everything, but saved the "Profiles" folder separately. I’ll see about recovering some important messages. See you later in case of trouble.

        Tessel

        0