Unify MP3 volume
Hello,
On my USB drive I've put music collected from various sources (CDs, the Internet, copies from friends, etc.), and I mainly listen to these tracks in the car. My problem is that the volume of each track varies, sometimes quite a lot, so my question is:
Is there software that can unify the volume of my MP3s in batch mode (batch processing) without sacrificing quality?
I had found MP3Gain, but either I don't know how to use it or it actually produces a quite poor result: a lot of distortion) :-(
Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Alain
2 answers
-
Moderator
Hello,
Since MP3 format is of "medium" quality, you’ll only end up degrading it even more.
I recommend the FLAC format since it exists.
XrecodeIII does everything in batch and with simplicity; it does it all, but after 15 days you need a license, which is worth it if you have a music collection to convert.
-
Good evening,
If I’m not mistaken.
MP3Gain 1.2.5
It indeed allows you to adjust the loudness of all your MP3s to the same level.
Example with Audacity
Audacity allows you to normalize the sound of each track.
Once the audio is loaded into Audacity, click on Select and Choose All to normalize the entire track.
Then click Effects / Volume and Compression with a small arrow on the right that opens another menu containing Normalize... and Apply Normalize.
[image]
How to apply audio normalization? The best software and tools to normalize audio