Applications

Hello, after cleaning my laptop some applications have disappeared and I am trying to reinstall them in vain; they download but do not install on my PC. What should I do? Thank you for your feedback. Clean with CCLEANER if that can help.

6 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    Try restoring to a date prior to CCleaner using RSTRUI.exe

    Or even better, use System Restore by rebooting into Recovery mode (Troubleshoot mode), it's safer.

    Search for: Advanced startup

    Restart Now

    Troubleshoot > System Restore

    Choose another restore point...

    1. Hello and thank you for the response, already tried nothing works.

      1. Moderator

        So, give more details about the types of cleaning you have done with CCleaner

        I have been doing basic cleaning for years (with the right-click on the recycle bin to launch CCleaner) and it doesn't cause any problems like that here.

        And the applications in question that are not reinstalling, are you talking about Microsoft Store apps or others?

        If it's from the Microsoft Store, a repair without data loss could be possible, but if it's other programs, reinstalling Windows could be the limit.

        1. Not applications from the Microsoft Store but others.

        2. Moderator
          @PJG30

          How?

          Do you have any error messages?

          Screenshot or details if possible?

        3. @fabul

          No error message.

          Like PokerStars and other online games. I made a little progress; PokerStars downloads but does not install. No error message.

      2. Moderator

        You can try Panth33ra's solution that I acknowledge.

        https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-38119039-applications#p38119049

        Or repair without data loss using the ISO method.

        To perform a repair without data loss or an upgrade, use either the MediaCreationTool to download the Windows 10 ISO file. (For another PC)

        Or the Windows 11 ISO file can be downloaded directly if compatible.

        We can check if it's compatible with WhyNotWin11.

        https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases

        Windows 10
        https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10/

        Windows 11
        https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows11

        Once the ISO file is downloaded, open it with Windows Explorer.

        Then click on the setup.exe file in the extracted folder.