Cannot reinstall macOS on my MacBook Pro
SolvedHello,
After my Mac fell, I can no longer start it. At startup, I see a white screen with a folder logo displayed.
I therefore tried to reinstall macOS with a bootable USB drive, but I get the following message when I start it: Failed to open the macOS installer. The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg seems to be missing or corrupted.
If anyone has a solution, I’m all ears; I've been struggling with this for a week now.
2 answers
-
Hello,
It's a safe bet that the hard drive is dead after a fall. It would be best to have it checked by an Apple certified technician.
https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT204904
https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/mac-help/mchlp1599/mac
https://www.commentcamarche.net/informatique/macos/1065-reinstaller-macos/
-
-
-
@MPMP10
Are the accessories at Mac not available?
-
@quentin2121
Hello,
I have a neighbor who fixed his Mac by himself!
In my first reply, "It would be better to have it checked out by an Apple certified technician."...
-
@MPMP10
I have a spare blank SSD, can I install it in the Mac and reinstall the OS on it via internet recovery, or will I encounter the same error message?
-
-
Hello, after a week of hassle and testing, I finally found the solution.
I created a bootable USB drive of macOS High Sierra from a virtual MAC machine and the installation went smoothly without any error messages afterwards.