Hybrid application

Hello,

I created a very simple web application that displays data from a MySQL database; it works very well and is accessible via a link.

Now I want to create an Android application. Should I display the link in an iframe in the app, and that's it? If not, what do you recommend? THANK YOU



5 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    What is the purpose of the app? If it's just to access your page, you might as well make it responsive.


    @+
    Buno, Moderator
    The urgent is done, the impossible is underway. For miracles, provide for a delay...

    0
    1. Yes, just read the content, it is already responsive. Am I using an iframe or is there another solution to display it in the application?


      0
      1. Moderator

        You can use a WebView.

        Are there other features in the app? Otherwise, it's of no interest.


        @+
        Buno, Moderator
        The urgent is done, the impossible is underway. For miracles, provide for a delay...

        0
        1. It's kind of a website that I want to be opened only by the app with Webview; otherwise, what are you talking about when you say it’s not interesting?


          0
          1. Contributor

            What is the advantage of using an app to access a website? It seems to have no interest; it seems to serve no purpose.

            0
          2. Moderator

            What are you talking about when you say it's uninteresting?

            Why add intermediaries (an app + a WebView) when you can access your page with a simple http link?

            Note that apps that only display a web page through a WebView don't stay on the store for long...

            0
        2. We're getting off the topic of the question.


          0