I have a Samsung S7 Edge, when the phone is fully charged the screen is fine, but as soon as the charge decreases, a big white square appears at the bottom of the screen. Can you please help me? thank you
It's always the first step, so simple question... Have you tried restarting the smartphone?
It solves a lot of problems (especially this type), it's probably a bad opening or closing of the application... Did it happen after?
eric2850
Author
Hello, I restarted the phone, it worked for a moment, I turned it off for the day, and when I turned it back on, the square came back. Thank you.
VincentVolta
Ouch ouch ouch
2. 3. Tested?
I don't really believe it, but I had forgotten this manipulation before cooling/resting the battery:
To close/stop all ongoing tasks/applications, you need to press and hold the Sleep/Power button for at least 10 seconds (normally it's the same with iOS).
eric2850
Author
when I press the power button for 10 seconds, I have three options: shut down, restart, disable emergency mode. thank you
VincentVolta
Alright, like me ;) some work like iOS I have a button for that on the touchscreen and the restart so... If changing the launcher doesn't work... And the reset.... It seems dead... Where are you at? Given up?
eric2850
Author
Hello it seems that it only happens when I close it for a long time, it doesn't last long, it's like a transparent white rectangle because I can still see the apps, I can even click on them. thank you
eric2850
Author
Hello not abandoned, I would really like to solve my problem. thank you
VincentVolta
You're welcome, I'd also like to find it ;) "When I close it for a long time, it doesn't last long" ??? = the rest works partially, right?
[Restarts / complete shutdown - Off => that's what I call rest (for the battery)]
jeanbern
Contributor
Hello, Take a backup and reset it
-- The stone and the pebble fall at the same speed (an ancient Chinese proverb)
eric2850
Author
Hello, I made a backup and I reset it, I will check tomorrow. Thank you
VincentVolta
Indeed, I confirm if the battery cooling/rest doesn’t work => make a copy of the files and note the names of the applications and use the hard way to reset the device it’s the last resort...
VincentVolta
But I suppose you have already tried restarting the smartphone... If that doesn't work... This trick is much less known, if it's a model where you can remove the battery (let the battery rest for 15 minutes outside the phone, that is).... If the battery is trapped, then turn it off for a long time, like 1 hour....
VincentVolta
The phone is like when you turned it on for the first time with the square!
eric2850
Author
Yes
eric2850
Author
When I turned it back on, the square appeared; now it has gone, but when it disappears, there is still a tiny line that looks like it’s still there but is transparent. Thank you.
VincentVolta
A simple thing, try restarting it 5 times in a row since it worked a bit with a restart
Last resort: If you care about your phone, Find out how much budget you would need for a repair There are many repair shops in Paris (from simple to double) But you need to live in the city or a big city.
VincentVolta
Re I'm back ;) I can't believe it, but if you want to try, apparently we are persistent, so I always say "nothing ventured, nothing gained," a very well-known saying ;)
It's about a problem C) G) G) for my classification it's "won't start/black screen" C) for my classification it's "display issue," but since it's not continuous... it's not really a C) and it's a problem let's say original LOL
C) G) Plug the device into a power source for at least 5 minutes, then simultaneously press the Power/Lock button and the bottom of the volume button ("volume -"), then release the Power/Lock button. Do the same if nothing happens with ("volume +") [For models with a central general button located at the bottom of the screen, it will always be the case with iOS, do it with this one and the Power/Lock button if it doesn't work. Start again with ("volume -") and then it will leave ("volume +")]
C) G) [Like above with a computer if you have one] Plug the device into a computer for at least 5 minutes, then simultaneously press the Power/Lock button and the bottom of the volume button ("volume -"), then release the Power/Lock button. Do the same if nothing happens with ("volume +") [For models with a central general button located at the bottom of the screen, it will always be the case with iOS, do it with this one and the Power/Lock button if it doesn't work. Start again with ("volume -") and then it will leave ("volume +")]
C) G) Plug the device into a power outlet for a few seconds, then hold down for 5 minutes (it's not an exaggeration, really long, which will allow the phone to get a little charge and restart on its own! => What I had already mentioned but in +++