Windows 10 Basic Device System - Page 2

Solved
  1. I uninstalled and restarted the PC as you told me, and the unknown device reappears.
    But I was wondering if we could use the AS Media USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller which works because apparently its counterpart does not work.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlkAPRhySzsN6wW_f8KcRQZCzWH9
    Here is its identification number:
    PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1042&SUBSYS_84AA1043&REV_00

    While the unknown device is:
    USB\ASMEDIAROOT_Hub&VID1B21&PID1042&VER0001001600380001

    And here are the histories of the two drivers:
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AlkAPRhySzsN6xDZvtEKZlxpu3MD
    0
    1. I can't uninstall the 2 generic USB Hubs, not even one, because I did it but had to force shut down my PC as I couldn't use my keyboard and mouse anymore. I still tried to uninstall the ASMedia USB and the unknown device, and the same problem persists.
      0
      1. Miracle!! I succeeded by updating the unknown device with a driver found on the internet. Indeed, I searched on http://www.driveridentifier.com, downloaded driver identifier which identified the unknown device, and I downloaded the associated driver and then updated it and it worked. Now the unknown device has become Asmedia USB Root Hub. But what I still find strange is that it doesn't have the same name as the other one and especially that it doesn't say USB3.0.
        0
        1. Hello,
          The second driver for the printer is useless to me; I don't even know why it's there since I have another driver for my printer that works very well.
          Thank you for your valuable help! ;)
          0
          1. Moderator
            Try this one --> Asmedia.zip
            Unzip it and install it manually.

            --
            The human being is at its best when things are at their worst.
            -1
            1. Moderator
              Right-click on the device
              Uninstall

              Click on --> Action
              Scan for hardware changes.

              --
              Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
              -1
              1. Moderator
                Go to Windows Update and make all the updates.

                --
                Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
                -1
                1. Moderator
                  Run an sfc:
                  Press Windows + X
                  Select --> Command Prompt (admin) and confirm
                  Type --> sfc /scannow and hit enter

                  A system file check will be performed.

                  --
                  The human being is at its best when things are at their worst.
                  -1
                  Previous
                  • 1
                  • 2