Do not calculate a sum if the cell is empty
Solved
Hello,
I would like to know the formula to display an error message if one of the cells in my calculation is empty.
For example, my cell A5:
=A1+A2+A3+A4
But if one of these cells is empty, I would like cell A5 to show a message saying that the sum is impossible because one of these cells is empty. I think I need to use the ISBLANK function, but I'm not sure how.
Thank you for your help.
I would like to know the formula to display an error message if one of the cells in my calculation is empty.
For example, my cell A5:
=A1+A2+A3+A4
But if one of these cells is empty, I would like cell A5 to show a message saying that the sum is impossible because one of these cells is empty. I think I need to use the ISBLANK function, but I'm not sure how.
Thank you for your help.
2 answers
-
ContributorHello
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:A4,"");"calculation impossible";SUM(A1:A4))
cheers
--
The quality of the answer mostly depends on the clarity of the question, thank you!-
-
Contributor@Aztek33Re
Indeed, it's not the same question!
=IF(OR(E3="",H3="",M3="",P3="",R3=""),"",E3+H3+M3+P3+R3)
Cheers
-