Safe search Google activated by itself

Hello. I don’t understand. One fine day, SafeSearch turned on by itself on Google. Since then, I can’t make any adult searches. And when I try to follow the procedure to disable SafeSearch, it doesn’t work. No matter how many times I uncheck the "enable SafeSearch" option and save, SafeSearch remains active.
Have I been hacked???

1 answer

  1. Hello,

    it catches you like that, you downloaded something you shouldn't have (often free Bundles), hard to escape, it's quite sneaky....

    Can you do this:

    1) ZHP cleaner from this link: https://nicolascoolman.eu

    Do a scan and a cleanup....

    2) ADWcleaner, here: https://nicolascoolman.eu

    Again, scan and cleanup and of course restart.

    Can you also provide the reports, please?

    3) Also install MBAM in its free version and do a scan, quarantine what it finds: https://telecharger.malekal.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware-version-gratuite/

    You have a tutorial here: https://www.malekal.com/tutoriel-malwarebyte-anti-malware/

    Can you also provide the quarantine report, please?
    0
    1. But I'm talking about Google's SafeSearch function. Not a "fake" SafeSearch search engine that redirects to ad sites.

      Are we talking about the same thing?
      0
    2. Yes!!! And what worries me is that he really activated it all by himself! How is that possible?
      And since then, it's impossible to disable it. At least, when I uncheck "activate safe search," which is pre-checked, it tells me that it's saved, but in fact, we notice at the next Google search that the safe search filter is still active.
      4
    3. Yes. Still the same though: impossible to do a Google search without that damned Safesearch.
      How could this Google feature have activated itself???
      Is it possible that I've been hacked?
      0