Avast + CCleaner + Malwarebytes

Solved
Hello,

I have Avast installed on my computer.
Recently, since I had issues with slowness, adware, and viruses, I followed the advice from Comment ça marche and installed Malwarebytes and CCleaner, which have cleaned everything up pretty well. However, I am wondering if these three programs are compatible. Maybe I need to disable one of them to run another?
I would like to get a better handle on all of this.

Thank you for your response.

Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 41.0.2272.101

1 answer

  1. Hi,

    These are 3 different software programs.

    Avast is an active antivirus while Malwarebytes in its free version is passive.

    This means it doesn't scan anything in real time like Avast does; it only scans at your request once launched and performs deeper infection scans like RogueKiller or AdwCleaner.

    And CCleaner is just a cleaning tool, like digitally sweeping the floor; it makes the registry cleaner, empties the "trash bins" of software, etc...
    24
    1. Very comprehensive response. However, it should not be forgotten that the best antivirus/adware/malware is found between the keyboard and the chair! Being careful about what you download is the best way to keep your PC free of infections.

      I have never had antivirus in 10 years, and I have never been infected :)

      Best regards
      0
    2. Thank you very much for the reply.
      Do I need to disable Avast to run CCleaner or Malwarebytes?
      0
    3. @StendhaliaSince these are 3 different software programs, there is no conflict between them.
      0
    4. OK. Great.
      Have a wonderful day.
      0
    5. Thank you
      0