PSP white screen

Hello,

I have a PSP E 1004 street, and the screen is white when powered on: there is a clicking sound on certain buttons, I checked the screen ribbon and the green LED is lit.
What could the problem be?

Thank you for your help.

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    No crack, may fall, not for me; I removed the battery then put it back: still a white screen.
    0
    1. Hello,

      Did you touch the console's flash?
      0
    2. For me, there aren't many solutions left: either you disconnect and reconnect the screen by taking it apart, or the flash was affected due to a mishandling.
      0
    3. There is a similar problem here:

      https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-9025659-psp-son-fonctionne-mais-pas-d-image-ecran-ok

      I think the ribbon cable has moved as he pointed out.

      Ah, I found an interesting topic if my suggested solutions do not work:

      http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/topic/54159-ecran-psp-street/

      I advise you to try this:

      This tutorial will allow you to reset your PSP when it starts up; it's possible that your PSP has a problem and this manipulation may resolve said problem.

      The procedure is very simple; it aims to format the flash 1 of the console without damaging anything, and it can be done on any PSP.

      To do this, you need to remove your battery and then put it back in and press a combination of buttons

      SELECT + START + SQUARE + TRIANGLE

      then turn on your PSP while holding down these four buttons.

      The console will take a few seconds to start up and then it will ask you to adjust various settings; there you go, your PSP has a brand new flash 1.

      You can get a screen here:

      http://www.ebay.fr/itm/ECRAN-LCD-SCREEN-POUR-CONSOLE-SONY-PSP-STREET-E1000-E1004-E1008-NEUF-/160955230167

      or here:

      https://www.sosav.fr/store/pieces-detachees-psp-street/1075-ecran-lcd-avec-retro-eclairage-psp-street.html
      0
    4. me too but I can hear the sound!
      0
  2. Hello,

    Does the screen have any cracks? Did you drop it? If you know how to, remove the battery (loss of warranty) to see if the problem persists.
    -1
    1. I have the same problem except that mine doesn't have a crack and I dropped it.
      0