Manually Installing a Driver [Inno Setup]

Hello everyone,

I have developed a wireless communication device that can be connected to a computer via USB. The driver used generates a COM port to communicate with the device.

In parallel, I have developed a small software in C# for the configuration and use of my device.

I would now like to create an installer for all this to "professionalize" my application. By this, I mean an installer that includes both the application and the installation of the driver on the user's computer.
For this, I am using Inno Setup.

Unfortunately, I am not a computer scientist and I have no knowledge about drivers.
I would therefore like to know where and how to automatically install a driver so that the end user does not have to search for the driver themselves at the first use of the device.

Thank you in advance for your valuable help.

Best regards,

Gub156

1 answer