Invalid key for use in the specified state

Hello, as the title indicates, I have a problem related to: "invalid key for use in the specified state." So what can I do since I can't install anything on the computer because of this.

I have an Asus rog 74 sx Windows seven 64 bits

I've already tried upgrading my Windows seven which also failed!!
So if someone has a solution
I'm not a novice in computers but right now I'm a bit stuck, so any help is welcome
(sorry for the mistakes)

5 answers

  1. Error 1603:

    "invalid key for use in the specified state"

    To resolve this issue, you need to:
    Open the control panel, select "Programs and Features", select "View installed updates" (left column),
    look for the kb2918614 update and uninstall it (right-click on the update). And there you go, it works.
    1
    1. Great, it works!

      This is the only solution that worked to solve all my key issues during program installation.

      Thank you very much to AlunaCorp.
      0
  2. Hello, thanks for your reply
    Just so you know, it's an authentic original...

    so I suspected a virus but it's undetectable by Avast and impossible to get malwarebytes working

    does anyone have a real solution that works for everyone other than calling Microsoft and not Windows.

    I don’t see the point in coming to a forum if it’s just to suggest a solution that would completely block my PC :/

    but thanks for taking an interest in my problem anyway
    0
    1. Already done!! Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes "has stopped working", Avast nothing, CCleaner cleanup done, that's all I can tell you.
      0
      1. I tried again, but nothing works!! I admit I'm out of ideas for a while now.
        0
      2. Thank you for moving my topic to another forum that is apparently more suitable for the moderator, but if it concerns a virus, perhaps a solution along that line then?
        0
      3. You're welcome, I preferred to ask to move the subject.
        0
      4. Do you really think it's a virus? And if so, what should we do?
        0
      5. I am going to format, otherwise we can always rewrite the registry... ? but for me it didn't work, any idea ?? for info the system tells me "Product ID: not available"
        0
    2. Hello,

      if your key is not valid, it means your OS is not genuine and in that case, we can't do anything for you.

      If the problem occurs despite it being genuine, you should call Windows to report it; they will unlock your PC immediately.

      Best regards

      --
      ----------------
      If you believe your issue is resolved, mark it as Resolved to help others looking for this solution, and it would be nice to let us know. Thank you.
      -1
      1. lol, do you have shares in krosoft?
        0