Applications blocked by Java

Solved
Hello,

I recently upgraded to Java and now I have Java 7 Update 51. However, since this update, some applications are not working anymore. Before, I used to get a message asking if I wanted to allow the application to launch, but now I have a first window titled "Application Blocked" followed by the message "Applications blocked by security settings, your security settings have blocked the execution of a self-signed application". I can only click OK or close the window, but either option results in the same outcome: a second window appears. It's titled "Application blocked for security" and states "Unable to execute the application", then it shows the name and location of the application and the reason "your security settings have blocked the execution of a self-signed application". Again, I can only click OK or close, and the result is the same: my application doesn't run. I can also click on more information, but that's not very helpful.
I went to the Java site and I thought I found the solution. Basically, I was supposed to add the application's site to the exception list! Yes... but no because indeed the two windows no longer appear BUT my app still doesn't work!!!!!
If anyone has had this problem and solved it or if anyone has a suggestion, please don't hesitate as I'm out of ideas!!!!

9 answers

  1. Hello,
    I had the same problem for a few days but I managed to solve it:
    You need to go to start, control panel, java (which may vary depending on the installed versions), double-click on it, then go to the security tab, and set a medium security!!! Normally everything works like before. I hope I have helped those concerned.
    Best regards
    48
    1. After disinfecting the PC, follow Malekal's advice.
      0
    2. Thank you all, I just solved the problem! I had already whitelisted my site! I lowered the security to medium! But it still didn't work. The message, however, was different and indicated that my application was calling a second site! So I added that to the whitelist as well! Thanks anyway for all these replies, and I admit I haven’t had the time to do the actions you advised, Marou81, but as soon as I have time, I will do it!!!!
      0
    3. Hello everyone
      I have the same problem but when I open the "Security" tab in Java, I only see "Certificates" and not the option to lower the security level. Can someone please help me?
      0