Windows Store English

Solved
Hello,

I have a small problem, I just realized my Windows Store is in English (I'm on a PC) and therefore the applications I am searching for are never found in the search tool and I never find them as if my Windows Store was stuck on the American store or another country.
Thank you in advance if someone has had this problem and resolved it.

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 30.0.1599.101

1 answer

  1. Contributor
    Good evening,

    the Windows Store is normally configured to display only applications in the user's language. If this has disappeared on your PC, go to the Store Settings, then Preferences. Turn on the button Simplify app search in my preferred languages.

    If that’s not the issue, check that Windows is not simply set to English and change the language to French in that case.

    --
    A computer problem? Reflex: search the Internet before posting on our forums. Thank you ;o)
    2
    1. I have disabled "simplify..." but I can't find how to change the language since my Windows is in French.
      Thank you for this very quick response anyway.
      0
    2. Contributor
      No, no, precisely the button must be activated. When you say that the Windows Store is in English, do you mean the applications present are in English, or the interface of the Store, or both?
      0
    3. Well, the prices are in pounds and the applications are described in English, and all the apps I want to download, like "VDM" and the game "jetpack," for example, are not in the lists even when I search for them.
      0
    4. Contributor
      Indeed, these applications are available in the French Store, so there is a problem... And you say that this only concerns the Store? The rest of the system is in French; it doesn't say "Start" instead of "Accueil," for example, on the home screen? Check that the date, time, and number settings (Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region) are correct.
      0
    5. Exact region was in the United Kingdom (English), That's good Thank you very much for taking the time to respond :)
      0