Issue with a filter, merged cell
Solved
Hello,
I have a problem with a filter in Excel. The table has 2 columns, on the left are the names of the students (tata, toto, titi, ...) and on the right are their grades (this is just an example).
I set up a filter so that I can select a student and see all their grades, but that's where the problem arises. The cell where the student's name appears is merged across 5 rows, and when I select the student's name, it only shows me the grade from the first line and not the others!
Is there anyone knowledgeable in Excel who could give me a solution?
Thank you in advance.
I have a problem with a filter in Excel. The table has 2 columns, on the left are the names of the students (tata, toto, titi, ...) and on the right are their grades (this is just an example).
I set up a filter so that I can select a student and see all their grades, but that's where the problem arises. The cell where the student's name appears is merged across 5 rows, and when I select the student's name, it only shows me the grade from the first line and not the others!
Is there anyone knowledgeable in Excel who could give me a solution?
Thank you in advance.
4 answers
-
Hello, if you're interested, I developed a macro to filter with merged cells.
Best regards, Poko.-
-
-
Contributor@kebabin the left drawer, under the socks ...
-
-
Contributor@StormHIt is enough to explain to the said users that they will need to consult two files each time: one that looks nice with plenty of merged cells, and another that performs the calculations and produces the results, without merged cells.
However, let me remind you that we can achieve the same appearance, without the downsides of merging, by using the horizontal alignment "centered across columns"!
Unfortunately, there is no equivalent for centering across multiple rows...
And when you ask me if I have "an idea", I don't even know what your problem is: you haven't attached any files!
-