Daily updates

Solved
Hello,

My laptop (Windows 7) has been updating every day for the past week or two. I don't know what the cause is (I haven't installed any software or anything else in the past few days).

Additionally, my computer takes about 30 minutes to turn on each time and constantly tells me that Windows failed to start and is looking for problems. I have to restart my computer at least 2 or 3 times, which is not practical.

Do you know how I can get my computer to start "normally"?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    does your computer ask you to update?
    2
    1. No, it automatically updates itself when I turn it off.
      0
      1. So, as you said, there is a software with a problem, but normally it should ask you before proceeding.
        0
      2. Do you know how to make it work again like before?
        0
      3. Hi,

        I think I found it.
        Try it out.

        To prevent Windows from performing automatic updates (Windows Update) and update your PC manually whenever you want:
        Click on "Start" "Settings" "Control Panel".

        Then click on the "System" icon and select the "Automatic Updates" tab.

        Check the box "Disable automatic updates".

        Another way to disable Windows Update = automatic updates:

        Click on "Start" "Control Panel" "Administrative Tools" then "Services".

        Right-click on "Automatic Updates" and choose "Properties".
        In "Startup type", select "Disabled".
        0
      4. Thank you very much, but how do I know when to install an update?
        On my computer, it says: 23 important updates are available and 7 optional updates are available. Does that mean I should install the important updates?
        0
      5. I understood why my computer keeps restarting: I went to the updates to install, and there's one that keeps coming back ("Security update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7").
        As for the "comment," it says: A security issue has been identified. This issue could allow an unauthenticated malicious remote user to compromise your system and take control of it. You can help protect your system by installing this Microsoft update. Once this update is installed, you may be prompted to restart your system.

        Should I choose to install this update? Thank you in advance.
        0