Motherboard replacement help

Solved
Hello,

I have a relative who entrusted me with a PACKARD BELL IMAX D6222 FR computer whose motherboard is dead (nothing on the screen, no beeps at startup even after removing the memory sticks, changing the power supply).

On the motherboard, it says pts73, after searching online I came across this model https://microdream.co.uk/asus-pts73-packard-bell-stingray-socket-lga775-core-2-quad-motherboard.html
which seems to be the one I'm looking for but I can't find where to buy it, what should I do??
I would also like to know, if the motherboard is dead, is the processor automatically dead too, or how can I tell.. ?
Thank you for your help
Information according to labels stuck on the case
PACKARD BELL IMAX D6222 FR
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT120 1GB
4GB RAM 2x2GB 2RX8 PC2-6400U
Windows Vista.

13 answers

  1. Oh come on, not so fast, how do you know it's your motherboard that's dead?

    Best regards.
    0
    1. Hello mr-Swiffcraft, when I turn on the central unit, nothing appears on the screen, I don't hear any beeps, both before and after removing the memory sticks.

      The central unit has a graphics card and an integrated graphics chip; I tested both VGA on different screens but nothing appears.

      That's how I came to the conclusion that the motherboard is dead.

      Did I do well??
      0
      1. It might be your graphics card that has given up, but I'm not behind your PC so I can't see... But otherwise, I can advise you on a motherboard.
        :)
        0
        1. The graphics card is working, I tested it on another motherboard.

          What do you recommend to replace the PTS73 motherboard??

          Otherwise, do you think I could find the PTS73 motherboard at Mongallet??

          I don't know if the processor is dead...
          0
          1. If it's the processor, it would normally beep several times..
            I will look for a motherboard because you shouldn't just take anything!

            --
            14 years old, a beautiful age to start with computing.
            0
            1. Il n'y a aucun bip. What motherboard do you recommend that could fit in Imax d6222 fr ?? Compatible with the memory sticks?
              0
              1. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec cela.
                0
            2. Is it reasonable to invest money in this machine? It's still possible to find some 775 motherboards, but given the ingenuity that these manufacturers employ to make their cases and other components difficult to be compatible with standardized hardware, it's essential to carefully consider the issue. It's also possible that the power supply may need to be changed. A small configuration with the latest i3 costs around €350 for significantly better performance.
              0
              1. I was looking for it, but I think buying a new PC would be cooler.
                0
            3. Hello

              I also had the same issue where my computer wouldn't turn on, no beeps at startup with and without RAM, and several other signs indicating the motherboard was faulty, yet it turned out to be the RAM

              I want to remind you that the beeps for RAM are not official, even though this technique often works.

              Otherwise, for your motherboard, you don’t have to get exactly the same one; you can choose another one as long as it has the same characteristics as the faulty one
              --
              Hoping to have answered your question.
              If not, feel free to visit my website, thank you.
              0
              1. I just rebuilt the PC I'm on. When it was brought to me, it wouldn't start. During the attempt, I just had time to see the first lines of the startup. So I started by replacing the power supply without success, tried without the RAM or other components, still nothing. I then replaced the motherboard and the power supply (digging through my old stuff), and at that point, it worked. Given the age of the machine, I only kept the case to put together a reliable configuration. The Advance power supply probably failed, destroying the ASUS motherboard at the same time, which is a very common scenario.
                0
              2. Hi, there are 2 memory sticks, I removed one at a time to see if one of them had a problem but there were no signs.

                I am also looking for a motherboard on my side, but I don’t know if they can fit without any issues since the inside of the case is really tight.
                0
              3. You have several motherboard formats; you just need to measure yours and compare it with this

                AT: 305 × 305 mm (IBM)
                AT: 216 × 330 mm
                ATX: 305 × 244 mm (Intel)
                MicroATX: 244 × 244 mm
                FlexATX: 229 × 191 mm
                MiniATX: 284 × 208 mm
                ITX: 215 × 195 mm (VIA)
                MiniITX: 170 × 170 mm
                NanoITX: 120 × 120 mm
                PicoITX: 100 × 72 mm
                BTX: 325 × 267 mm (Intel)
                MicroBTX: 264 × 267 mm
                PicoBTX: 203 × 267 mm
                DTX: 248 × 203 mm (AMD)
                mini-DTX: 170 × 203 mm
                ITX
                mini-ITX: 170 × 170 mm

                source: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carte_m%C3%A8re
                0
              4. This is what I was saying, be careful with boxes from manufacturers like Packard, HP, and others. It is likely that a µATX board is used, but it would be a mistake not to change the power supply, which is often the culprit. I experienced this problem with an HP PC, which in two years was on its second failed motherboard, the first one under warranty, replaced by customer service, and the second one a few months later. It was impossible to obtain an original motherboard, and it was very difficult to find another compatible one; there was always something that didn't work.
                0
              5. It's true for HP, especially the Pavilion series, which apparently has an unknown problem from HP that could accidentally fry the motherboards. Is it a scam?
                0
            4. http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=156473IMG0307.jpg

              http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=407780IMG0309.jpg

              http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=543032IMG0308.jpg
              0
              1. Beautiful photos!
                Here is a link for the beast: http://microdream.co.uk/asus-pts73-packard-bell-stingray-socket-lga775-core-2-quad-motherboard.html
                But I confirm that given the case, it’s crazy to pack all that into such a small space. Even though the few µATX boards still available in LGA775 might fit.
                0
                1. Do you have one to suggest to me? I went to the Rue Montgallet website to try to find a motherboard with the same specifications:

                  asus-p5kpl

                  https://www.rue-montgallet.com/prix/acheter,asus-p5kpl-am,257761

                  but I don't know if they are compatible with the original memory sticks:

                  2GB 2Rx8 PC2 - 6400U - 666 - 12 E3

                  give me your opinions ... thanks
                  0
                2. Another problem is that the inside of the IMAX D6222 box is only 24x23cm

                  while the ASUS P5KPL card is 24.4x20.3cm

                  I don't think it will fit in there.
                  0
              2. Hello Tony W,

                I'm reaching out to ask for your help, I'm in the same situation as you, my card must be faulty, the problem is that the front panel has been disconnected from it and I can’t remember the connections, so I'm left with 6 wires and I don’t know where they go.

                Could you help me please and have you managed to solve your problem??

                Thank you and have a great day

                Stef
                0
                1. Hello,

                  I am in the same situation as you and I wanted to know if you found a replacement solution for the motherboard? Thank you.
                  0