[VBA] Search for Excel Chart Names

Hello!

In order to modify charts in VBA that are located in an Excel sheet, I need to know their names...

Apparently, their names are "Chart 1", "Chart 2", etc... But I don't know which name corresponds to which chart!

Is there a menu in Excel where I can find out their names?

Thank you for your help!
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.1

4 answers

  1. You can find the name when you right-click on a chart and select > assign macro.
    There you can see the name of the chart, but I'm sure you can find this information elsewhere. But I can't remember where...
    14
    1. Hello,

      It may be a bit late to respond, but since I had the same question and found the answer on another forum, I’m sharing it for future reference:

      With ActiveChart
      .....
      .Parent.Name = "Test"
      End With
      5
      1. Hello,
        I have about the same problem: in my Excel macros, I need to select charts, and when using the macro recorder, it names them something like "Chart25".

        Is there a way to give names to the charts in the VBA program when they are created? (I’ve tried several things without success.)

        Thank you and see you soon!
        2
        1. Hello,

          Suggestion :

           Sub Find_Graphic_Name() Dim Graphic As Chart For Each Graphic In Charts MsgBox "Title : " & Graphic.ChartTitle.Caption & vbCrLf & _ "Sheet : " & Graphic.Name Next Graphic End Sub ' 


          Lupin
          2