Good evening, quick question, I have an RJ45 cable that is too short, I would like to extend it with another RJ45 cable, can I connect the cables together with terminal blocks? I suppose so, but is there a risk of signal loss or anything else?
Using flexible wire Wago will be better than terminal blocks. --
"A man azerty is worth two."
madmyke
Moderator
Good evening,
On a cable, the length and various "faults" will indeed have an impact, it can range from not too much incidence to more disconnection.
Best regards -- Never forget that a forum is a public place, BE CAUTIOUS. @Save the Earth! It's the only planet where we find chocolate!
FRKevin135FR
Author
Thank you.
elchico35
Hi! I have already extended an RJ45 cable by soldering the wires and personally, I haven't noticed any loss of speed, but I recommend soldering the wires instead of using connectors.
FRKevin135FR
Author
Thank you for your response, and if I solder them and to reinforce I add a terminal block?
elchico35
Hi, personally I wouldn't use any dominoes but I would emphasize the Chatterton more to properly insulate the wires from each other.
FRKevin135FR
Author
Ok, thanks for your advice ;)
madmyke
Moderator
In any case, the maximum length of a standard UTP cable is theoretically 100 meters, so 80, beyond which there is guaranteed loss.