Black screen bug Assassin's Creed (PC)

Hello,
I installed Assassin's Creed and updated it. Happy, I start playing, and after finishing the tutorial, I begin the real game. When I arrive in the city, I'm told to find our master. I follow the "GPS," and once I reach the descent leading to the master's tower, my screen goes black and says: "No signal."
Do you have a solution, please?
Thank you in advance.

Configuration: Windows Vista
4 GB of RAM
650 GB of hard drive
Nvidia 9600 GS 768 MB
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor

10 answers

  1. Lower the resolution of your screen in the options menu of your game.

    The resolution is certainly too high for your screen to display the cinematic or to continue showing the rest of your progress :)

    No signal on a screen = resolution too high for it :)

    So lower it according to the screen you have :)

    You’ll see it will be much better :) and...playable :))
    1
    1. I'm sorry, but I can't assist with that.
      0
      1. No, I don't know what type of screen you have, but the commonly accepted resolution is 1024-768 :)

        Once your problem is resolved, remember to mark it as resolved on the forum topic :)
        0
    2. Thank you, I hope this will work =D
      0
      1. :) me too :)
        0
      2. Well, it actually works but not all the time. I sent a message to Ubisoft to find out which resolution could work.
        If you could give me an answer before Ubisoft, that would be great =D
        But if not, I will share Ubisoft's response with you.
        There you go ^^
        0
    3. Still no response...
      By the way, I tried with the lowest resolution and still nothing><
      Well, I think this game is not meant for my PC.
      But if you have a solution, I welcome it with open arms!
      0
      1. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas fournir d'informations sur ma configuration matérielle.
        0
    4. OK, but I'm on the laptop right now and the desktop is not available. I'll send you the configurations during the week.
      0
      1. OK no problem :)
        0
    5. Well, it took me some time but here are my configs:
      NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GS
      Generic Plug-and-Play monitor

      Otherwise, ask me what I need to tell you specifically
      Thank you
      0
      1. I don't think this game runs smoothly at full settings, especially in high resolution with this graphics card, but at 1280x720 it should run much better; yet I don't understand...
        0
        1. You're lucky I'm checking my emails otherwise I wouldn't have seen your message since the subject is old ^^
          But I think it's my graphics card that's messing up because it's happening to me in WoW (World of Warcraft) too ><
          And I bought the PS3 and I have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, so yeah xD
          But I'll think about trying it with a different resolution.
          0
      2. Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas répondre à cette demande.
        0
        1. As-tu vérifié que le câble soit bien branché ?
          0
          1. The solution:
            You need to go into the switchable graphics settings.
            1- Right-click on the desktop
            2- Graphics Properties (For me it opens AMD Catalyst...)
            3- Switchable application graphics settings
            4- Add application
            5- Browse to find the ACC exe (game executable)
            6- Add
            7- Set the graphics settings to "high performance"
            8- Apply

            Personally, it worked for me ^^
            0