Uninstall ATA/ATAPI IDE controllers

Solved
Are there any risks of a complete crash if I perform the following manipulation https://www.zebulon.fr/astuces/performances-systeme/130-windows-xp-soudainement-lent.html? Thank you for your responses
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.1

3 answers

  1. no risks. when you restart your drivers will reinstall
    --
    What do you see on your screen? ... uh! a flower pot?
    4
    1. Thank you very much for your reply. See you later!
      1
      1. Hello,

        I encountered a problem with my laptop where the sound (music, videos, movies) is inaudible and completely distorted.

        After browsing through forums for a few hours, I still haven't found my holy grail!!

        I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and when I open the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller, there is only one line (NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller)

        I thought the problem came from there, and I uninstalled it so it would reinstall upon restarting the PC.

        BUT, when my PC started up, NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller disappeared and was replaced by 3 lines: ATA Channel 0 / ATA Channel 1 / Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller 1.0
        And the sound is still choppy. What should I do? Did I make a mistake by uninstalling the device? I'm a bit stuck right now!! Thank you for your help.
        0