Taskmgr.exe
Closed
Good evening!
I have a processor called "taskmgr.exe" that often starts up, and I would like to know if it's normal for it to be in my list of processes, and especially what it is used for, please!
Thank you.
I have a processor called "taskmgr.exe" that often starts up, and I would like to know if it's normal for it to be in my list of processes, and especially what it is used for, please!
Thank you.
23 answers
-
GomJabbar ContributorGood evening,
first a little vocabulary point: it is a process and not a processor,
then it is normal to have a process taskmgr.exe since it corresponds to the process of the task manager... that you are currently viewing.
See you later
- Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end. -
- Woody Allen - -
VazkorHi,
It's the task manager. So it's normal for you to see it when you want to display the ongoing processes. You just launched it ;)
Vazkor [W2K] -
GogegoMessage to micking:
Do you think anyone is going to respond to you?
You insult people but think for two seconds before speaking!
Here’s a list of "why" I believe no one is going to respond to you:
1) No please
2) Unintelligible message
3) No capital letters
4) No punctuation
5) You don't know how to conjugate
6) !!TEXT LANGUAGE!!
You're on a computer, not a mobile phone! Your keyboard has more than 150 keys, please use them!!
Once you’ve changed all this, I will respond to you in detail.
By!-
LaurentGogego,
I'm usually not one to preach.
But this time, I couldn't hold back.
Do you think anyone is going to respond to you( )? (Do you think) (anyone will)
You insult(s) people but think( ) for two seconds before speaking( )!
Here is a list of "whys" I believe nobody will respond to you: (your sentence is incorrect: "why" is used here as a noun)
1) No please (please)(,)
2) Unintelligible message(,)
3) No capital letters (without "s")(,)
4) No punctuation(,)
5) You (do not) know how to conjugate(,)
6) !!TEXT LANGUAGE( )!! (a sentence never starts with an exclamation point)
You are on a computer not (on) a mobile phone( )! Your keyboard has (has) more than 150 keys, please use them( )!! (use)
When you have changed all (all) that (,) I will respond to you in detail.
Bye( )! (Bye)
25 mistakes, including one in English.
Have a nice day.
Laurent
-
-
MonseigneurHello everyone.
I just wanted to contribute to this post that has nothing to do with the original message anymore!
micking: What Le_Tof and gogego wanted to explain to you is that when you write a message, especially to ask for help, you need to think about those who are reading it:
- Politeness
- Readability of the message! (minimize shortcuts like text speak, punctuation...)
Because in your original message, we have to decipher everything to know:
1. What your problem is
2. What you have done or not done...
And here, in this case, even deciphering it, we can't get there!
In any case, I'm not skilled enough in IT to help you.
Good luck. -
soyelI love it, more, more!
I want plenty of those :D!
First, I sincerely want to thank each of you for making me laugh so much. Even if you ruin this topic, either with your pathetic posts that spoil it, or your nonsensical reflections subject to spelling, I find it hilarious...
As far as I remember, a topic is supposed to be set up for a single subject, and qualified people are there to respond. So, there's really no need to ask questions of different orders in a topic created for other things, right?
Come on, I'm going to be a "BoulZ".
<modeBoulet> "If I want to report texts from the 'CçM' forum on a humorous website, who should I contact? Are there copyright fees to pay? Because honestly, there are some real gems (which must, in addition, be professional to reach this level) =) ." </modeBoulet>
Well, I'll leave you with this reflection from a guy completely defeated by drugs, who, he must admit, has a great need for his dose of nonsense per day, and to whom you all provide an immense service.
PS: Sorry everyone for this lack of respect, sorry for bringing up a post that has endured the ravages of time (originally created in 2004, then brought back in 2007, 2008 ..), sorry to the earth for all this pollution, sorry to the exotic animals on the verge of extinction that I eat with delight...
I love you all <3 -
ZicManlmao this post looks like nothing anymore. I really like the "document and setting" from Skyzo. :))
-
poupouHello, I have the process Taskmgr.exe and I would like to know if it is a virus or not. Thank you in advance.
-
ilias115You really did a great job, I congratulate you. From 2004 to 2009, there were only idiots who came here (I even wonder if any of you haven't already died because of your nonsense). But well, good luck in your life, you bunch of morons who only know how to answer questions while correcting the spelling.
Sorry for all these spelling mistakes, but I did it a bit on purpose here.
Since I see that you like to correct things,
why don't you correct the dictionaries? You might find some mistakes in them.-
HéloI really a-do-red this topic, even if it didn't really help me solve my problem.
Laurent, your message really made me laugh, like most of the exchanges in the topic!
But ilias115, I find your message absolutely pathetic... You disapprove of messages that have nothing to do with the topic, which would have been perfectly legitimate if you had also suggested a solution to the problems of the previous people. And yes, because with your message, you just positioned yourself in the category of (to quote you) "losers who passed through here."
Have a good day... !
Hélo
-
-
skyzoGood evening,
for some time now my PC has been very slow,
I have already formatted it but nothing works.
I have tried to resolve my problem a bit, and I noticed several details that might be insignificant.
so I hope you can enlighten me on my ignorance, and maybe help me solve the problem with my PC.
For a long time, I couldn't open my task manager because the ctrl+alt+delete function didn't work. After persisting, I noticed that taskmgr was located as a hidden file in documents and settings in the user folder, mine specifically.
If I rename taskmgr, the task manager opens normally, but it doesn't last long. When I restart my computer or after a certain time, I notice, without knowing what I did, that taskmgr.exe reappears where I found it, and then I have to delete the one I renamed, which isn't possible before another one appears, and I rename the new taskmgr.
Furthermore, I remember that when I watched movies with VLC, often during a movie, while I was using full screen mode, the desktop would appear for a quarter of a second and then the movie continues.
If you need any additional information, just ask me.
Thank you for your help. -
fodhil aissaouiJe besoin SV le processus taskmgr pour que le gestionnaire des tâches soit désactivé.
-
kevinLogfile de HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan enregistré à 18:32:00, le 15/02/2008
Plateforme : Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE : Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)
Processus en cours :
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\a\Bureau\HijackThis.exe
O23 - Service : avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service : Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service : MATLAB Server (matlabserver) - Propriétaire inconnu - C:\MATLAB6p5\webserver\bin\win32\matlabserver.exe
O23 - Service : Microsoft cache control (MSControlService) - Propriétaire inconnu - C:\WINDOWS\system32\windows-
-
Plam@minilou54It's not a Trojan horse
and besides, defragmenting wouldn't fix anything, come on
I hope you're joking, if not, consult Google.
Bye Plam
-
-
rolandgomjabbar you dumbass, you really know how to parrot.
-
la mouette peroquetAnd by the way, what is the process EUR taskmgr? ^^
Joking aside, I have another real problem that’s really starting to bug me... and I can't find a solution on all the forums I've consulted.
I'm on Windows XP, and the automatic sleep mode (i.e., the "power management" panel) is no longer working. I specified that my computer should go to sleep automatically after 10 minutes, but nothing happens, it stays on!
Do you have any ideas for processes that might be preventing this sleep mode by occasionally generating a little spike of activity?
Thanks in advance for your responses! -
narcotik59Salut, j'ai un petit problème quand je veux jouer à Counter-Strike Source, le chargement ne se fait pas et un message s'affiche taskmgr.exe. Pouvez-vous m'aider s'il vous plaît ?
-
Le_TofWell, I think we're not on MSN... "BIG LOL".
In my opinion, this post is pointless now...
But I think we can applaud micking for the incredible performance he offered us, which is to create the longest sentence in the world, without capital letters, punctuation, and with almost a mistake every three words!!
A tip for you, there are spell checkers in Firefox, they are MA-GIC. (I hope for you that you're not on IE...)I need the taskmgr process disabled so that the task manager is off
This one is a gem too ^^ -
micking
You're sarcastic, there’s no point in posting if it’s not to help, so go f... yourself... gr.. co..... that will be my response, my problem already frustrates me enough, and if you want, leave me your MSN address, we can have a laugh, ignorant person, you judge my spelling, try to judge my skills, the incompetent one only in spelling, maybe you’re pathetic. I'm here once again to get help!!!! So tof or the tof, go look elsewhere...
-
mickingGood evening or day to everyone, I don't know if anyone will be able to respond to me. First, it's impossible to download taskmgrfix to finally change the value from 1 to 0. Yes, even with F5, I see you coming. The fact of deleting it and applying it does nothing either. I'm desperate, having no knowledge of viruses because I find it stupid after 15 years of using computers without antivirus, I end up catching a virus with live discovery for those in the know. On top of that, it's a nice "package", meaning pop-ups, spam, trojans, viruses. And it's also annoying, to be polite, "even though towards my computer I'd try to say kill the 666 tonight"... It's unfortunate. I am attaching my "runscanner" ---- equivalent to hijack---- as well as my config, so that an expert can help me, because right now the expert is crashing. Yes, everyone has their own domain, even in computing; everything works except for task, which would help me stop the discovery application so I can delete it, even if it's funny. PS: I have no rights to delete it as long as it's running.
1: I apologize for learning computing on my own in the first place.
2: I apologize for not pursuing further studies.
3: I apologize for not having the means to get into college.
4: I apologize for having to take care of my sisters alone from the age of 14.
5: I apologize AGAIN; MY RUN SCANNER is explicit enough to resolve my problem.
6: I apologize for being polite despite all this and asking PLEASE "if you please."
7: I apologize, but "By" is not part of the French language.
8: I am humbly sorry to come across people who care more about spelling rather than the subject itself.
9: I am sorry for provoking people when they make remarks on a computing topic but not about computing itself, but about spelling; well yes, there are really quite a few superficial people.
BRAVO
Maybe in a week I will be able to use the computer again without any issues... -
mickingBen yes, Laurent points out and touches on the fact that the problem is technical, not spelling-related. Thank you, Laurent; I would have been unable to correct it.
-
orionHello
I have the same problem as you with "taskmgr.exe"; so like everyone else, I did my little research on Google and stumbled upon this forum...
Obscure Forum!!!
I think people here are more concerned with trivial matters and everything that doesn't interest anyone.
If you’re looking for answers to your issues, I think there are a multitude of sites that will enlighten you.
Anyway, all this to say (not much actually) that I had a good laugh reading the various written battles.
You're right to apologize, but you're not doing it for the right reason: you should apologize for thinking that you could expect to get help from these people who must surely be very, very endearing in real life...
Let me guess; wouldn't they be part of the clueless voters of our beloved president?
There you go; Big Up to you and a big F.U.C.K. to intolerance and rule fanatics.
Respect;
Orion.
-
-
aliliebHello,
For about 15 days, my computer has been very slow, and my internet connection too, sometimes taking a minute to open a page.
I contacted Orange to find out if the problem was with my line, but after analysis, they found that it was due to the number of processes running (79 = too much).
Can someone help me decide which processes I should remove?
Is it really because of that?
Thank you in advance for your help, I'm useless with computers.
If it continues like this, I'm going to lose it because it's so slow. -
mickingC'EST COOL DE NOUS AIMER MAIS LÀ JE COMMENCE À ÊTRE QUELQUE PEU EXASPÉRÉ PAR LA CONNERIE HUMAINE EN GROS PRO DU RIRE C'EST RÉELLEMENT GÉNIAL MAIS PRO D'INFORMATIQUE CE N'EST CERTAINEMENT PAS ICI QUE JE LE TROUVERAI CAR MON PROBLÈME N'EST PAS L'UN DES PIRE ALORS QUE DOIS-JE PENSER QUE CE TOPIC EST LE TOPIC DES INCAPABLES D'ON JE DOIS SUREMENT FAIRE PARTIE VUE LE NOMBRE DE POSTES POUR DEMANDER DE L'AIDE SANS RETOUR À L'EXCEPTION DE BLAGUES DE MAUVAIS GOÛTS
AH OUI LE MODE BOULETS EXISTE BEL ET BIEN DANS CE TOPIC ....-
-
broiedunoir@VorheesHello everyone!
Well, this top hic is excellent!
For once I'm stopping in a forum, we're breaking records! This aims for the Guinness!! Ahahahahaha!
The bar is high, I'd rather run away, ahahahahaha!!
Greetings to all, the end of the world is near... Have fun!!! Ahahahahaha!!
-
-
- 1
- 2
Next