Copy the value of a textbox in Excel VBA

Hello, I have a small problem with Excel and VBA.

I would like to know the command that copies the value of a textbox (in a userform) so I can use it with VBA.

Thanks.
See you later

Configuration: Office 2003

4 answers

  1. Hello,

    In a different context, I would like to be able to populate the various cells of a worksheet with the contents of the textboxes of a userform.

    Is that possible (I think so) but by what miracle?

    Example: a textbox containing the business name would automatically (after clicking the commandbutton "validate") fill a designated cell (preferably by creating a new row in the famous sheet).

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris
    1
    1. No more searching, I finally got there with this command

      IntLigne = ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).End(xlDown).Row + 1

      Thanks everyone
      1
      1. Hello,

        I realize I posted something huge!

        The proper code to automatically populate Excel sheet cells from the userform comboboxes looks more like this:

        Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
        IntLigne = ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 1).End(xlDown).Row + 1
        Dim Lg As String
        'The row where values are added is defined by TextBox1
        Lg = Sheets("Feuil1").Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
        'text of the boxes
        Sheets("Feuil1").Cells(Lg, "A").Value = Userform1.ComboBox1.Value
        Sheets("Feuil1").Cells(Lg, "F").Value = Userform1.TextBox1.Value
        End Sub

        This command also adds the said information in the last empty row of Feuil1.

        Good luck,

        Me? I VBA well
        0
    2. Hello,

      I don’t quite understand your request. Do you want to store the value of your textbox in a variable? Copy it somewhere else?

      Otherwise:

      NomDeTaUserForm.NomDeTaTextBox 


      returns the value of your TextBox
      0
      1. I want to copy the value of the textbox for 2 things (I have 2 textboxes):

        - Test if this value is a valid date

        - Take the value from this textbox to open a file

        I hope it's clearer now.
        0
        1. IsDate(NomDeTaUserForm.NomDeTaTextBox) => test the value of your textbox to see if it is a date. You can build the path to access your file in this way:
           Dim sPath As String
           sPath = "C:\Temp\"
           sPath = sPath & NomDeTaUserForm.NomDeTaTextBox
          
          Attention: if your path contains spaces, you will need to assign double quotes to it.
           sPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\"
           sPath = Chr(34) & sPath & NomDeTaUserForm.NomDeTaTextBox & Chr(34)
          
          0