Korg SP-170S Piano

Solved/Closed

Hello,

I realized after removing the headphones from my piano that the speakers no longer work. I was told that it could be dust in the headphone jack that might be the reason, but after cleaning (it was difficult because of the small opening, so it's possible I didn’t do it well), I would like to know if you have any idea what it could be and if it’s repairable because I really care about it.

Thank you very much.

3 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    You have two headphone jacks according to the diagram...

    Service manual excerpt on page 10/14

    Each of these jacks has micro-switches that cut off the speakers...

    Try blowing into the jacks with a can of compressed air or injecting contact cleaner using a KF F2 contact cleaner spray

    The service manual: https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/korg-SP-170-s-Service-Manual.pdf


    It’s very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
    Especially when it’s not there...

    1
    1. Thank you for the very clear explanation. I blew into the headphone jack and the sound came back on the built-in speaker.

      0
    2. Moderator
      @JFbzh

      Thank you for the feedback.

      0
  2. Contributor

    Hello,

    The mice or insects may have eaten the membrane... that's one possibility. The power supply issues, burnt winding, are another.

    For the jack sockets, the real solution to check is to use a universal tester in Ohmmeter mode.

    0
    1. Hello,
      You can put a spritz of "Bardahl" contacts, it's miraculous.

      0