Cannot add items to cart

Hello
I am here to try to find help for my parents. For the past 4 weeks, they have been encountering a problem that I can't seem to solve when placing their order on the Intermarché Drive website. When they log into their customer account, they cannot add anything to the cart; nothing happens... I tried with my own account on their computer, same issue... whereas both accounts work perfectly on my PC.
Could someone help me because they are very elderly and I am afraid they will be taken advantage of if I involve someone.
For your information, Windows 10 version ....
Thank you in advance and have a nice day

8 answers

  1. Moderator
    RE_

    There are two possibilities:

    => Either a blocking extension (is there one on EDGE?)
    => Or a block on the account (check with Intermarché, there should be a contact?)
    You should try adding to the cart without logging into the account

    --
    Security contributor.
    1
    1. Moderator
      RE_

      it works to add items but we need to sign in to proceed to checkout and that's not working....


      That's what's strange, it should block all the time.

      For extensions, it's for example Adblock to block ads:
      https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=fr&ucbcb=1

      To see if you have any extensions, click on the three dots in the upper right corner in Chrome => Settings => Extensions (on the left). If there are any, disable them, restart Chrome, and test.

      1
      1. Hello
        We have disabled all extensions and restarted the computer but still the same problem....
        Do you have any other ideas? I'm losing hope...
        Thank you for your help
        0
      2. Moderator
        @jojobubul80RE_

        This thing is really weird :-(

        What antivirus is on this PC? If it’s something other than Windows Defender, you should try temporarily disabling it while retesting the cart

        Just in case, try using Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/new/
        0
      3. @MisteryBeanHello
        Yes, it’s really strange, I don’t understand anything… as if a connection had been broken…
        The antivirus is Kaspersky; nothing changes when I disable it…
        No better with Edge or Firefox…
        Thank you very much for your help because I really don’t know what to do anymore…
        Have a nice Sunday
        0
      4. Moderator
        @jojobubul80RE_

        If it's a tower connected via Ethernet, try booting in safe mode with networking and retest:

        => Press the shift key (the arrow key above ctrl in the lower left)
        => While holding it down, restart the PC
        => You will arrive at the startup options, release shift
        => Click on Troubleshoot => Advanced options => Settings => Restart
        => The PC restarts, press the 5 key or F5
        => You will arrive at the desktop in safe mode
        => Check if you have internet access and test the inter account
        0
      5. @MisteryBeanThank you, but it's a laptop connected via WiFi.
        0
    2. Moderator
      If it were on a single browser, your method would be useful, but here, the problem is global and affects all browsers, so it's definitely something external that is causing the issue.

      --
      Security Contributor.
      1
      1. I propose this method because, just two weeks ago, it was impossible to add an item at Boulanger, whether on Firefox or Chrome, simultaneously! And strangely, we had to clear the cookies on both browsers for everything to work again. Incomprehensible, but it started working again. Well, I'm saying this but I'm not saying anything...
        0
      2. @cartillonThank you for your help, but he only had Chrome installed and we already cleared the history and cookies... it didn't change anything....
        0
      3. Moderator
        @cartillonRE_

        We'll test this, but it's surprising since cookies and caches have different locations depending on the browsers.
        0
      4. @MisteryBeanThank you, but that didn't work either... I don't know what to do anymore...
        Have a good evening.
        0
    3. Moderator
      Hello,

      Is it only on the Intermarché site?

      Have you tried another browser? For example, EDGE?

      --
      Security Contributor.
      0
      1. Hello and thank you for your response
        I will ask my father to test with Edge and on another shopping site and I'll keep you updated ????????
        0
    4. Thank you. We tested with Chrome and Edge and the problem is the same.
      It's impossible to say for other merchants as they don't have another customer space....
      Do you have any other ideas because I am completely at a loss....? Thank you.
      0
      1. So I checked with Intermarché, there's no account blockage. He can connect just fine but the items won't go in the cart. We tested it without logging into the account, it works to add items but we have to log in to proceed to payment and that's where it doesn't work...
        Normally, he uses Chrome and what do you mean by blocked extension (sorry, but I'm not great with computers either....)? Thanks
        0
        1. Hello
          We have disabled all extensions and restarted the computer but still the same problem....
          Do you have any other ideas? I'm losing hope...
          Thank you for your help
          0
          1. Hello, you need to clear the cache, history, cookies, or reset the browser(s).
            0
          2. @cartillonHow to reset the browser?
            Thank you for your help.
            0
        2. Moderator
           Hello, you need to clear the cache, history, cookies, or reset the browser(s). 


          You should read the entire topic!! Firefox has been newly installed

          --
          Security contributor.
          0
          1. Sorry, but I wasn't only talking about Firefox, and I've read the topic carefully; nothing suggests that Firefox wasn't already installed!
            0