Boot device not found

Solved
Hello,
I have a problem:
I’m on Windows and when I start it I land on a blue screen that tells me:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system

Hard Drive - (3FD)

F2 - System Diagnostics

For more information, please consult
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01442956?openCLC=true

I don’t understand anything help

19 answers

  1. Ok and ??? (Because nothing is happening (same error))
    1
    1. Contributor
      We need to get the PC to start from the USB key
      or have the USB key recognized in the boot menu
      do you have another PC?
      0
  2. Hello, I’m getting back to you after a while,
    I finally managed to get the USB key to install Windows 10 working correctly.
    Your help was very useful to me, I thank you.
    1
    1. Contributor
      Hello
      your PC can’t find the hard drive or the system startup files
      check in the BIOS if the hard drive is recognized

      If my answer helped you, click the Thank you button.
      Set as resolved if your problem is fixed.
      0
      1. The problem is that I just can't access the BIOS.
        0
        1. Contributor
          What is the brand of the PC?
          0
      2. It’s an HP PRO 3405 MT
        0
        1. Contributor
          When the computer is off, press the Power button to turn it on, then immediately press and hold the “F10 or Escape” key to access the BIOS.
          0
      3. And now what do I do?
        0
        1. Contributor
          check in the BIOS if the hard drive is recognized
          attach a photo of the bios if you don't find it
          0
      4. Yes, the hard drive is detected.
        0
        1. Contributor
          So these must be the startup files that are corrupted
          we'll try to recreate them
          do you have a USB drive or Windows 10 installation DVD?
          0
      5. Yes a USB drive
        0
        1. Contributor
          Do you have a USB key or is there Windows 10 on it?
          0
      6. A Windows 10 installer
        0
        1. Contributor
          well then start on it
          then arrive at this page


          click bottom left on " Repair the computer "
          then " Troubleshooting "
          then " Command Prompt "
          0
      7. The problem is that the computer starts up but does not display a menu with conventional files and therefore I cannot access the files.
        0
        1. Contributor
          restart the PC and do it as for BIOS access
          choose " boot option "
          it should be " F9 " I think
          0
      8. I can’t find it.
        0
        1. Contributor
          give photo of the page when you pressed "Escape or F10"
          0
      9. 0
        1. Contributor
          This is the BIOS
          don’t put on the flash I can’t clearly see what’s written at the top as a menu
          which key did you press at startup of the PC?
          0
      10. It is a reflection of the light I’m sending you the photo and at startup I press the F10 key
        0
        1. Contributor
          USB key plugged in
          restart and press "Esc"
          instead of going into the BIOS you should have a menu of options
          provide photo
          0
      11. 0
        1. Contributor
          press the " F9 "
          0
      12. And I land on this menu:
        0
        1. Contributor
          Do you have the Windows 10 USB key plugged in?
          0
      13. Yes but it doesn’t work
        So I don’t have the right app on the USB key
        So I would need the right software but which one?
        0
        1. Contributor
          strange the key and the hard drive is not detected in the boot option
          go back into the Bios and go to the "Storage" menu
          and show me the recognized hard drive
          0
      14. I will send you all the images that can be seen here:
        0
        1. Contributor
          so yes the hard drive is indeed recognized by the BIOS " ST 500 DM002 "
          it's a 500 GB drive
          go to the " Advanced " menu
          give photo
          0
      15. Here is the translation to English:

        Voila :
        0
        1. Contributor
          go to "Device Options"
          0
      16. And?
        0
        1. Contributor
          I don’t understand why the USB drive isn’t recognized
          return to the menu here:

          and set "USB hard drive" in the 1st position using the "Enter" key
          then do "F10" to save
          and restart the PC with the USB drive plugged in
          0
        2. Man
          I have a problem and I don't have a USB key, my mom must have one but am I obliged to do it to solve the problem?
          0