Windows 7 activation key issue

Solved
Hello,

For a few days, before Windows opens, a window asks me to register my Windows activation key. I think this started after I cleaned my PC (TOSHIBA Satellite) and performed several updates. The label under the laptop is no longer readable, but if I close this window with the small red cross in the top right corner, the computer works normally.

What should I do to make this window disappear, or where can I find this key?

Thank you for your help.

8 answers

  1. Security Contributor
    Hello,

    You should be able to find your activation key with SIW Portable

    Sincerely

    --
    He who asks a question is foolish for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains foolish for a lifetime.
    (Chinese proverb)
    0
    1. Hello

      Thank you, I found it but it doesn't work, what else should I do?
      0
      1. Security Contributor
        What's not working?
        If it's the activation, what is the message from Microsoft?
        0
    2. At the end of the activation, I receive the following message: The product key appears to be a default key and cannot be used for activation.
      0
      1. Moderator
        Is it a PC that has been upgraded to a different version of Windows?
        0
    3. Yes, originally it was VISTA, but it had been running on seven for several months.
      0
      1. Moderator
        The problems of licensing and non-compliance come from this.
        0
    4. And what can I do to make this window disappear? But as I mentioned at the beginning, when I close it, it works normally.
      0
      1. Security Contributor
        Hello,

        Yes, the PC is working normally but the Windows updates will be impossible if it is not activated.

        If the upgrade to Windows 7 was done legally, activation should not be a problem.
        0
      2. Moderator
        If so, what he retrieves via SIW is probably the wrong key. (always assuming that it is legal, of course)
        0
    5. Hello

      I don't quite understand, it's actually after the Windows updates that I had this problem. Please let me know what needs to be done for it to work like before

      Thank you all
      0
      1. Security Contributor
        Was the upgrade to Windows 7 done legally by purchasing the license?
        Otherwise, there's nothing we can do...
        0
      2. Security Contributor
        In addition to my message above:

        "I don't quite understand; it's actually after the Windows updates that I had this problem."

        In the Windows updates, there is Genuine that checks if the version is legal.
        0
    6. Hello again

      I bought this second-hand laptop about a year ago for my son's studies. I have no idea about the license, but if that's the case, what can I do?
      0
      1. Security Contributor
        Hello,

        If you want to be able to proceed with the Windows updates, you need to either reinstall Vista for which you have an official license key or buy a license for Windows 7.

        I recently purchased an OEM license for Windows 7 Home Premium for €99.
        You can still find it in some computer stores.
        0
    7. Thank you, I will do that.
      0