File Transfer Notepad ---> Excel

Hello everyone,
I'm new and I need some advice. I have a contact file (Last name, First name, Address...) that opens with Notepad. I want to transfer it to Excel to create a mailing. Is it possible, and if so, how do we do it...? Thank you in advance.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

4 answers

  1. Hello,
    If the information in your text file is formatted like
    LASTNAME1 FIRSTNAME1 Address1
    LASTNAME2 FIRSTNAME2....

    You can open them in Excel by selecting your file in "Open" > file type "Text File (*.prn, *.txt, *csv)
    From there, the wizard will ask you the type of delimiter (comma or other) that separates your items.
    8
    1. Thank you Tippy,
      I couldn't manage it, probably because my machine works with Open Office (calc). But the file I have opens with Notepad.
      I do have columns like: Brand Name Address Zip Code....
      If you have an idea... Thank's
      0
    2. Contributor
      hi
      do you have a .txt file?
      if so, right-click on the file / rename / change the extension from .txt to .csv

      then it will open directly with Calc and the conversion wizard
      --
      (_Usul of Arrakis
      Serial_Dreamer_)
      0
    3. thank you to you
      0