Steam Issue: MW2

Solved
Hello, I just changed computers, so I'm reinstalling MW2 on my new PC and when I launch the game, I get an error message that appears: Fatal Error: "Steam must be running to play this game."

I don't understand why, I tried to re-enter my game's activation key, but it doesn't change anything, it says "this game has already been associated with this Steam account."

I don't know what to do...

Awaiting your responses.

WiL.iaM

Configuration: Windows 7 / Safari 535.11

12 answers

  1. I restarted Steam and it worked. Thank you very much Destrio5 :)

    Sorry for the trouble over not much :s!
    1
    1. No, I haven't changed my Steam account.
      0
      1. So when you logged in, did you keep your same account?
        0
        1. Yes, the same account even shows the hours I've spent on MW2 marked when I'm in my game library.
          0
          1. Go to your game library, select MW2, right-click and choose properties, then go to local files and click on verify integrity of cache... there you go.
            0
        2. Moderator
          Hello,

          What have you tried to do to solve your problem?
          0
          1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, it didn't help, and I tried to re-enter the activation code, without success. Now I'm trying Nacous's method, by the way, the verification is in progress; I'll keep you updated, Nacous.
            0
            1. D'accord :)
              0
          2. The verification has just finished and I still have the same error report: Fatal Error: "Steam must be activated to play this game."
            0
            1. Oh, sorry, I don't know. :(
              0
          3. Moderator
            Is Steam and your game installed on the partition where Windows is located?
            0
            1. Steam and my games are installed in "Computer/Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)"
              0
              1. Moderator
                Have you changed anything about the Steam software?

                Have you restarted Steam to see?
                0
                1. I have the same problem (I hacked the game) and I have no idea what Steam is. I'm completely lost!!! If someone could help me that would be cool ;)
                  Thanks in advance!!
                  0